Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuesdays are just our guys game night.

Had a couple snafus, nothing too major.
The first game I just played ref for the other 2 guys for the 1st period while the other 2 watched and learned. It was the Amazons v.s. the Hellcats. No ringers or upgrades.

The other 3 of us jumped into our own game shortly after. Trolls with Kutulu, speed training & relay training. Samurai with endorsement, Mr.Awesome and Gojira! Of course I had to rock the Goblins with speed training, sexy contract, Scrag and Macho Libre.

My biggest concern about the game before I got to play was of course "What if game play sucks or it's really unbalanced? I was quite impressed by the game play and judging by the scores I'd say it's quite balanced.

I didn't pay much attention to the Amazon/Hellcat game after the first period except to answer questions. It took 2 overtime periods to resolve the match. So it was a heck of a game. One of the players said he really liked it, the other thought it was alright.

The Samurai dominated most of the game with their special ability. He just kept racking up points by instigating contests and telling the truth about what card he was playing. He lost most of them but he made them count on the ones he did win.

The Trolls are just big friggin bullies, he kept our movements somewhat restricted with trash and he just kept tackling everything, lol.

The Goblins don't look like much on paper but when you get the mosh pit ability to work, it's huge. Using Scrag to kill Kutulu on my second turn was huge. I paid for it later after having the lead after the 1st period, I kind of got ganged up on and it was the last time I would see the lead. I brought out Macho Libre in the second half and took full advantage of his ability which allowed me to have the game come down to the final play! Even though Gojira! and Mr.Awesome were very underused, the Samurai beat the Trolls by 2 and goblins by 8. I thought I had it in the bag on the last play by trying to tackle a Samurai off of the major scoring mound since he had played a 1,3,4,5 and upset but I forgot about the 6 cheat! That would have gave me 10 points and I would have won by 2!. It was still a great game and very intense. I loved it as did the the Troll coach, The Samurai coach was the only one to say he did not enjoy it but I think he was just flustered by the Trolls tackles hahaha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason McConnell
United States
Sweeny
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first few games are learning games, need to really explain to the guys who lost that the learning games don't really matter. My brother is a really sore loser and he usually doesn't like any game we play that he loses at on the first play even after I explain it's just a learning game and the victory doesn't matter.

The Goblins ability is an especially nasty ability, they can easily take out an entire team and win by blowout if the opponent isn't careful. I've only played 2 games so far and don't have much intel on the others you mentioned, I will say the Valkyries ability is especially effective against teams with low hit points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clubb
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The second game I played, I was goblins, my opponent was the ogres. He took my goblins lightly because of their lack of bonuses and low hit points.

Some turns later, he was ticked as I had moshed off two of his runners and one of his bruisers.

If you are the goblins, save your cards for defense, never attack and only try to ball steal. If you are playing against them, tackle/attack them ASAP.
The less of them there are, the less mosh happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Gobs will be the next team we play. I also think I would love to have Biru Biru as their ringer...simply because he won't dwarf them so terribly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol, we didn't have any sore losers, the guy that won the 2nd game, I felt was being a sour pus for getting slapped around by the trolls.

I think Biru Biru and Panther are the 2 best matches for the Goblins as Ringers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Man I can't wait to get my group together and put this on the table. Very excited

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.