Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a few questions answered by reading this forum, but one remains.

1st off, my family and I have played 2 games of Saboteur, and played our 1st game of Saboteur 2 Tuesday nite, and everyone loves the expansion. For me it makes an ok game into a very good game.

There is confusion on drawing and discarding.

On each turn no matter the choice or action the player draws a card, correct?

If so, he starts with 6, draws one, has 7. If he chooses to discard 3 cards and draw 3 more cards for his play, he still has 7, and no longer has 6. Is he supposed to discard again?

Of coarse the number of cards can be different due to discarding 2 to get rid of a card, but you get the idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
DomaGB wrote:
I got a few questions answered by reading this forum, but one remains.

1st off, my family and I have played 2 games of Saboteur, and played our 1st game of Saboteur 2 Tuesday nite, and everyone loves the expansion. For me it makes an ok game into a very good game.

There is confusion on drawing and discarding.

On each turn no matter the choice or action the player draws a card, correct?

If so, he starts with 6, draws one, has 7. If he chooses to discard 3 cards and draw 3 more cards for his play, he still has 7, and no longer has 6. Is he supposed to discard again?

Of coarse the number of cards can be different due to discarding 2 to get rid of a card, but you get the idea.

You do your action before drawing any card.

So you can either:

1. Play one card into the table. Draw 1 card.
2. discard 1-3 cards. Draw as many as you've discard.
3. discard 2 cards to discard a card in front of you. Draw 1 card.

You hand should never grow, and could, in option 3 above, have less than 6 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.