Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: What!? You can Desperado/Datasuck archives without accessing Shock!? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Bobberson
msg tools
Avatar
On OCTGN I've been playing as if a Shock or 2 in archives pretty much nullifies using it to charge Datasuckers and/or get Desperado credits. Most of my opponents seem to play the same way too. But after looking at the timing structure, at 4.4 the run is considered successful. At 4.5 the runner accesses cards.

Now, it doesn't say the runner can continue the run or the runner can decide to jack out, but I assume there is a choice between 4.4 and 4.5. I really hope I'm wrong as I really liked Shock in archives so I didn't have to Ice it. Am I right in thinking the runner can still get a successful run and then jack out without getting shocked?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nunes
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kenobob wrote:
On OCTGN I've been playing as if a Shock or 2 in archives pretty much nullifies using it to charge Datasuckers and/or get Desperado credits. Most of my opponents seem to play the same way too. But after looking at the timing structure, at 4.4 the run is considered successful. At 4.5 the runner accesses cards.

Now, it doesn't say the runner can continue the run or the runner can decide to jack out, but I assume there is a choice between 4.4 and 4.5. I really hope I'm wrong as I really liked Shock in archives so I didn't have to Ice it. Am I right in thinking the runner can still get a successful run and then jack out without getting shocked?


I don't have it on hand, but I'm pretty sure the timing chart states that when the run is successful, the runner can't jackaout. I could be wrong.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lieffring
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
The final opportunity to jack out is at 4.2. The final opportunity for any paid effects that might prevent accessing is at 4.3. Barring a substitution effect, if the run is successful you're accessing those cards.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Berton
Canada
flag msg tools
Yeah, if the run is successful, the Runner accesses.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can avoid accessing the cards (while getting the DS/Desperado bonus) with security testing (a new card in H&P).

Otherwise, (as others have said) you must choose between accessing cards or not being successful
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bobberson
msg tools
Avatar
Very relieved to hear I was wrong. My Shocks and I can ride into the sunset now. Cool fact about Security Test though; that makes it a little better.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
kenobob wrote:
Now, it doesn't say the runner can continue the run or the runner can decide to jack out, but I assume there is a choice between 4.4 and 4.5.

Why do you assume that?
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Skov
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:
You can avoid accessing the cards (while getting the DS/Desperado bonus) with security testing (a new card in H&P).

Otherwise, (as others have said) you must choose between accessing cards or not being successful


Also Record Reconstructor, right?

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Fonollosa
Spain
Valencia
Valencia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Right
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nom_ wrote:
Nushura wrote:
You can avoid accessing the cards (while getting the DS/Desperado bonus) with security testing (a new card in H&P).

Otherwise, (as others have said) you must choose between accessing cards or not being successful


Also Record Reconstructor, right?



Note that Sneakdoor Beta does the same thing, since it replaces the successful Archives run with a sucessful HQ run. As would any applicable 'instead of accessing' cards printed in the future.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.