Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
sorry if I am reposting about the same thing, but the treads about this
get terribly bloated.

When and how will EU backers probably get their things?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
No one know for sure yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently unknown until the shipping container is sorted out.

And the range of possibilities is pretty drastic.

All depends on
If the product was produced
If the container was packed
If the container made it to the yard, and the ship
If it left the yard on this end
Where it's at between there and mercs.

And if Mercs can sort out getting what they have to you.

TLDR,
I'd say 2 months or so to your door , if I was to make a bet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoin Corrigan
Ireland
Wexford
Wexford
flag msg tools
designer
ASL Fanatic
badge
Royal Dublin Fusiliers "Spectamur Agendo"
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess - 3+ months.

The only people who can provide a reliable estimate, however, are choosing not to do so for the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

So they are not considering any 2 Wave alternatives?
To deliver all they got now and send the few missing things later?

Having full warehouse of already sold things is also bad for the business in general.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're in the process of gathering as much information as they can so they can weigh all their options and make an educated decision regarding how to proceed.

Once they know more, we will know more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoin Corrigan
Ireland
Wexford
Wexford
flag msg tools
designer
ASL Fanatic
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
okocnar wrote:

Unfortunately, we don't know what they're considering. They've taken the view that it's ok to say very little for the moment.

We don't know why this additional delay has occurred and we don't know what they intend to do about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skolo
Netherlands
R`dam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
so we dont know sith and they are not answering.

that is the general message from 1mln dollar worth KS campaign

nice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well they had talked about shipping just the base game, and maybe? those early bonus items US backers got to just the EU. That would be 2 or so months.

Then splitting 2nd ship whenever it is available. That would be end of summer probably.

Outside the EU it looks like you are in for a very long wait since they still plan on a single shipment.

But who even knows if that is accurate, their last update was really vague about dates and details.

Even people that have sold the game on eBay and promised to ship second wave are stuck with no firm answers now.

It just sorta sucks for everyone.

McG could clear this all up easily but we have heard nothing. Not even one their forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jef stuyck
Belgium
flag msg tools
okocnar wrote:
Thanks.

Having full warehouse of already sold things is also bad for the business in general.

You would have to pay extra for it if you want 2 shipments.

And my guess would be late june, early july for arrival

They first have to pack everything together takes about a week, than ship it with a container torwards their supplier in eu, which takes about a month, then the shipping from that supplier to the people is about another week. And this is without the delays and also the best case scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's right...I forgot that they were shipping everything EU out of Germany.

I wonder if that is still the plan if they don't have to other stuff? They might just hold off on all because it's a big drop ship deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge B
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll repost from their update:

" When we discover the whens and wheres of the last Myth shipment, we’ll decide how to proceed. We’ll convey that information to you when we know more and have decided. At this point, we are leaning towards sending what we have to Ulisses and having the missing minis shipped directly to the EU."

So, no firm deadline, but it seems at least part of the stuff should be on our hands not too late. We'll know more soon.

Honestly, I don't understand why people complain about lack of communication. I can understand frustration at delays, and I also can understand not everyone will be happy about the reported news. But the communication IS there. Not scolding the OP or anything, it is a legitimate question, but it seems a lot of people don't even bother reading the updates before waving the finger and crying "foul play" and grabbing the pitchforks. ::Shrug::
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoin Corrigan
Ireland
Wexford
Wexford
flag msg tools
designer
ASL Fanatic
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DegenerateElite wrote:

I wonder if that is still the plan if they don't have to other stuff? They might just hold off on all because it's a big drop ship deal.

I suspect that's a strong option, from MCG's perspective. i.e. ship what they have to Germany, it waits there until the missing 6th crate material also arrives, and then all of it is shipped as one package to EU backers.

Anyone who considers MCG's communications as adequate has very different expectations to those I have. In my view they are vague, obfuscatory, unprofessional and discourteous to their backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
tiborvadovan wrote:
I'll repost from their update:

" When we discover the whens and wheres of the last Myth shipment, we’ll decide how to proceed. We’ll convey that information to you when we know more and have decided. At this point, we are leaning towards sending what we have to Ulisses and having the missing minis shipped directly to the EU."

So, no firm deadline, but it seems at least part of the stuff should be on our hands not too late. We'll know more soon.

My understanding was they meant they would send what they have to the distribution centre in Germany, then send the other bits directly there for consolidation into a single shipment. So, it will still be one shipment and we will not get multiple waves of stuff in the EU. I may be wrong though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the update does not specifically say what they are going to do. It speculates on some options, and that's where people get upset.

We have seen them change their minds about things before and then casually mention it in retrospect.

How long does it take to figure this situation out when your full time job is running Megacon and shipping this game?

How long does it take to type a note to backers to say what's up.

Its been 2 to 3 days now.

If I took that long to figure something vital to my company out I would have to find a new job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge B
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DegenerateElite wrote:

How long does it take to figure this situation out when your full time job is running Megacon and shipping this game?

As long as it takes, for every one in the supply chain leading from production to their warehouse, to provide accurate information. And then adding the time required for figuring out the best option given the concrete situation and hard data, not forgetting all the operatonal, logistic and financial implications of that decision.

Did I win?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
tiborvadovan wrote:
But the communication IS there.

Yeah. And it's completely unclear. Which is why people are upset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Reubens
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel people are complaining about lack of communication because they took time off of answering questions about Myth to run Recon and then... still no more answers for Myth because it SEEMED they were going to start shipping wave 2 then it turned out they were not shipping wave 2 but there has still been nothing on their forum regarding all the questions we asked regarding the FAQ WEEKS ago. So, while I understand things suck for them getting no response from them after they just scooped up a ton of money for Recon is more than frustrating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eoin Corrigan wrote:
okocnar wrote:

Unfortunately, we don't know what they're considering. They've taken the view that it's ok to say very little for the moment.

We don't know why this additional delay has occurred and we don't know what they intend to do about it.

Actually, we do have some idea.
That posted a couple possibilities in that update, dependent on what is found out regarding the container.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ben m
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

My understanding was they meant they would send what they have to the distribution centre in Germany, then send the other bits directly there for consolidation into a single shipment. So, it will still be one shipment and we will not get multiple waves of stuff in the EU. I may be wrong though.

This is how I read it too.
But agree, it was very ambiguous so who knows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've refrained from commenting for the most part, but right now it's to a point beyond complete ridiculousness.

I'm at the point where I'm going to just sell the whole lot once it arrives....and maybe I'll be lucky enough to get back what I pledged by then.

At this point, I just want them to send me my stuff. I don't care how much of it is there, just send us something. And you know what, I bet everyone would shut the hell up.

Charge me the extra shipping. I don't care. But for all of our sakes, they need to get something out the f-ing door.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
Disclaimer: Im not invested in Myth because I missed the KS, but I am interested in the game so have been watching these forums regularly. I was considering ebaying a ks copy, but I think I will wait for retail wave 2 release before I make any kind of a move on this game. Anyways, here are my thoughts:

Comon guys, you are all intelligent people. There is only 1 reason why they are not forwarding info, the only reason why we, as people, choose not to communicate info. Whatever they know, it is bad news.

Scenario 1: The know nothing.... they would be on the forums letting us know that they are investigating but have no info and will update us when they know more.

Scenario 2: What they know is good news.... they would release this news to relax everyone and it would help with their PR image. win/win.

Scenario 3: What they know is bad news.... they would wait, not releasing much info until some good news came along so they could spin it with a silver lining.

So.. what do you think is happening now? =/

My guess is the shipment is lost and will have to be redone.. probably an 8 month delay at best, at worst, another year out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually scenario one is exactly what they did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris S
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
I sporadically review games...
badge
... It's a running kidney... Kidneys are kind of my profession...
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:

Oh it is? I must have missed when mcg/mercs grew a pair and rejoined the conversation here.

That being said option one is still plausible. But it doesn't excuse MCG's ridiculous stance to not post on BGG because they were not "believed." Ironically this was shortly after they posted not to worry about criticizing them, they have thick skins etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisoc13 wrote:
ropya wrote:

Oh it is? I must have missed when mcg/mercs grew a pair and rejoined the conversation here.

That being said option one is still plausible. But it doesn't excuse MCG's ridiculous stance to not post on BGG because they were not "believed." Ironically this was shortly after they posted not to worry about criticizing them, they have thick skins etc...

Alright, you got me there.
It wasn't scenario one in full.
Ie, they didn't post that here.
But otherwise that's exactly what they said in the update.

As for not posting here.
I'm not sure I have an opinion on that.

On one hand I believe you should stand by your product not matter the outcry.
No matter the abuse you should stand and take the criticism and try your best to tend to it.

On the other hand, I can understand the bug out.
Whether or not they deserved it, they were badgered really bad here.
And I can see in the emotion of it, that it seems like no one here would listen to a word they said and lashed out at them at every turn.
Doesn't excuse it, but I can understand it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.