Subject: Needed: Opponent via Vassal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
I need to get deeper into this game. I played it a dozen times already, but most often with new players. And while this is not "a burden", I can only learn more if I play with opponents that are either stronger than me or at least equal.
...rest assured, I am in no way an especially good player, yet - even if I translated the rules and stuff...

Why do I need this?
Well, to be honest, I can give rules advice, and share my thoughts, but I can so far not give sufficient information on long-term replayability, long-term balance and such. But since this is frequently asked, I would like to be able to give answers that are based on experience rather than second-hand information. This is especially important for me in German fora. Here, there are enough experienced players (banjo, Nalekh) and I don't need to provide these answers myself...

The only handicap is that I have never used Vassal before, and would need a little guidance there.

So - any takers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trés Lambaste
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good job with the rules!
I have the german version of the game and I like it a lot. The only problem I have with it is the ugly background for the regions gulp
Anyways, though I'd be up for some vassal gaming, I'm not exactly what you are looking for, having played the game only twice so far...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon,

I have a similar problem to you in that I am currently playing with people who hardly understand the strategy of the game with the result that the only decent games I have had were solo - yes solo. I must compliment you on your work with the rules. I have had your version printed off professionally, laminated and enclosed in a hard folder. Unfortunately, I am not into Vassal but, I wish you well in your search.

I just felt that I had to comment after the difference you made to the game. I did understand the rules as they were written originally but, they were difficult to use when explaining the game to others.

Best of luck,

Jim......mb

Est. 1949

Pyuredeadbrilliant

The only way to describe Dumon's translation of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim, if you are interested, we could start a PbeM, with one turn per day, if that is somehow feasible. Don't know a way to handle the Battles, but anything else should be easy to do that way...
So if you have any suggestions, and are interested, drop me another line.

And thanks for the compliment.
I feel honoured, and am not sure I deserve such credit. After all, translation was a job, and what I do here is not different to what many others do in other sub-fora of BGG - to help those who struggle or have questions with the games we love...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
I need to get deeper into this game. I played it a dozen times already, but most often with new players. And while this is not "a burden", I can only learn more if I play with opponents that are either stronger than me or at least equal.
...rest assured, I am in no way an especially good player, yet - even if I translated the rules and stuff...

Why do I need this?
Well, to be honest, I can give rules advice, and share my thoughts, but I can so far not give sufficient information on long-term replayability, long-term balance and such. But since this is frequently asked, I would like to be able to give answers that are based on experience rather than second-hand information. This is especially important for me in German fora. Here, there are enough experienced players (banjo, Nalekh) and I don't need to provide these answers myself...

The only handicap is that I have never used Vassal before, and would need a little guidance there.

So - any takers?

I'd enjoy playing live over vassal. Not sure if time differences would make this impossible other than weekends, but I'd be game for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshua, your time zone is 6 hours behind, so the best way would really be on weekends. Regarding your time zone, anything after 4 p.m. would be too late to start (it being 10 p.m. here).
Maybe we find a way to play a couple of times - let's discuss via PM, if you are still interested...

banjo, thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure how well this would work, but I'd be willing to try, if Jim is game...
...additionally, how bout you? Your time zone is the same as Joshuas, so we could make it work...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sebastian sebastian
Germany
flag msg tools
I would like to play polis via vassal if you like to.

played 3times yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome.
However, I am still a bit under the weather, and have lots of work waiting for me. Drop me a quick line (via PM), and we find a way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Siefken
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi, if anyone in a nearby timezone (I live in CET) wants to play a live Vassal game with skype or hangout, let me know as I'd like to play this game more often! I'm generaly available in the evenings, preferably sunday,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forest Gup
msg tools
Hello guys, how do you feel? If anybody want play with me let me say. I haved playing some games and i like so much this game. I live in East CanadaGtM -5... I speack english but and im not very good heheh. I can play in evening days but not thusday. Have a great day let me know if you want. Sorry for my english.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Siefken
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Forest Gup, I'm 6 hours ahead of you, that means that if you can only play in the evenings I am asleep. Perhaps I could make an exception on the weekends to play 0:30-2:00am or so but that would be stretching it. If you want to play on your sunday afternoon that would be perfect for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forest Gup
msg tools
Hello Francis. I can play also in day at the weekend (saturday and sunday. If you want play, it will be good for me. I can play in day and evening, probably day in better for you by the different hours. Send me a private message and i will give you my email for a better way to communicate.

Have a good day. You can call me JM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.