Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Hodge
United States
Hanover
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the creatures from Kemet when used in Cyclades stick around indefinitely or are they one turn effects like most of the standard Cyclades creatures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juraj Sulik
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When bought, they are considered troop and not a mythological creature. Therefore they stay on the board until destroyed in combat (they are always destroyed last) or by other means (Harpy).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Hodge
United States
Hanover
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They seem incredibly powerful then, even the heroes by comparison cost 2 gold a turn to keep in your army. These have no upkeep, count as a troop, and provide some great abilities (Elephant makes all rolls a 3!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juraj Sulik
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soccastar001 wrote:
They seem incredibly powerful then, even the heroes by comparison cost 2 gold a turn to keep in your army. These have no upkeep, count as a troop, and provide some great abilities (Elephant makes all rolls a 3!).

And you can even make special attacks with them (without using Ares)!
They certainly are very powerful to the point, that in my only play with them many players agreed that they "break" the game too much and haven't used them since.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the expansion but haven't tried it yet--its taken me a while to build up a number of players who know both games. They may be designed to work better with the upcoming Cyclades Titans expansion (and the later upcoming Kemet one).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
capitaine spoppo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried to just ignore the special attacks rule?

I'm planning on buying this mini expansion and trying to figure a way to use them without breaking the game, since I agree the special attack just seem to much.

Like I said, I might just try ignoring the special attack rule. having one of those creature would give you bonus, but you would still need ares/hades to attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played Cyclades with the Egyptian units and they really ruined the game. They are too overpowered, especially the snake. I think removing the special attack might be a good idea or making these units 1 turn use only just like all of the mythological creatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.