Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The text of the Borg Assimilation Tubules card reads:

Quote:
ACTION: Disable this card and discard 1 Drone Token to target a ship at Range 1-2 Steal 1 (CREW), (TECH), or (WEAPON) Upgrade from the target ship, even if it exceeds your ship's restrictions. Place a Disabled Upgrade Token on the Assimilated Upgrade. You cannot Steal a Species 8472 Upgrade with this Action.

Situation
Two spheres in the same fleet, both are captained by a tactical drone, the first sphere has Borg Assimilation Tubules, the other has Seven of Nine (who can be disabled to give more tokens to Tactical Drone captain).

The sphere with the Assimilation Tubules quickly drains 3 tokens from its captain, and in the next round uses the last token to Assimilate Seven of Nine from the other Sphere in the fleet. She is used to refresh the drones on that ship.

My question is, is that a legitimate use of the Assimilation Tubes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Catron
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Genius. Don't stop there. Assimilate Varel from your own science vessel and save 5 pts, or Muon, or any upgrade specific to one faction/ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
That's brilliant! You could also use it to transfer equipment from a Sphere that's about to go down down. Good thinking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. All Cards that let you steal and don't specifically say "enemy ship" or some such on there have allowed you to target your own vessels. This has been a possible strategy since STAW:Superior Intellect and to a lesser extent, Marla Gilmore and Virak`Kara

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say no you can't have 2 of the same Unique card. But the wording does need to be answered by Andrew for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only need one, don't you?

...Now I'm imagining a ship with Gilmore and another with Virak'kara, all huddled under a third ship's cloaking device.

Course it'd take like five turns to set it up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Sager
United States
Sebastopol
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish you could use this to assimilate already-placed cloaked mines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Catron
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I really want to assimilate an Energy Web from my own Tholian Ship. The Borg laying webs just sounds fun plus the web guide will allow the sphere to turn somewhat.

I think Tholia One has two weapon slots so you could load it with two, assimilate one and leave the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drktron wrote:
Now I really want to assimilate an Energy Web from my own Tholian Ship. The Borg laying webs just sounds fun plus the web guide will allow the sphere to turn somewhat.

I think Tholia One has two weapon slots so you could load it with two, assimilate one and leave the other.

I thought the same thing. A borg moving diagonally weaving tholian webs sounds pretty cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lepperd
msg tools
Thats damned clever, but remember that the webs disappear once the Tholian ship is destroyed, regardless, so you'll want to either park it in a corner doing doughnuts or load it up with defensive/attack cancellation tech.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nelson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alepperd wrote:
Thats damned clever, but remember that the webs disappear once the Tholian ship is destroyed, regardless, so you'll want to either park it in a corner doing doughnuts or load it up with defensive/attack cancellation tech.

Andrew ruled that a stolen Web layer counts as a tholian ship for the purpose of removing the webs, so you'd be fine stealing it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.