Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » Organized Play

Subject: Players in Washington, DC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sir Breadroll
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Anyone in the DC metro area interested in getting a group together?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Worrell
United States
Purcellville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I could ever find a starter set cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Musco
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
That depends, where are you? I'm in Fairfax. I have some trades too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carroll Lewis

Virginia
msg tools
I am in Fairfax too. What trades are you looking for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Musco
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
For cards I still need all the SR's (not really worried about them)
Uncommons:
Beast
Hulk
Angel
Deadpool
Punisher
Venom

Rares:
Thor's Hammer
Black Widow
Deadpool
Doc Ock
Dr. Doom
Dr Strange
Magneto
Nova
Punisher
Silver Surfer
Venom
Wolverine

For Dice I need more Wolverine, Hulk, Storm and Black Widow.

What are you looking for? Do you play locally? I may try to get up to Comics & Games in Fairfax City one evening this weekend for a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Reece
United States
Centreville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also in the Fairfax area, and would like to try to get together with other players some time. I have no starter box yet, but I've been picking up boosters.

Speaking of boosters, I was planning to go to the general trade geeklist soon after picking up some more boosters, but it would be great to trade with some people locally. Below are the uncommons and rare (only one so far) for trade, and what I'm still looking for. I also of course have lots of commons if needed.

For Trade (with or without dice):

#65 - Angel - Avenging Angel
#67 - Captain America - Sentinel of Liberty (x2)
#69 - Cyclops - If Looks Could Kill
#71 - Doctor Doom - Nemesis
#72 - Doctor Octopus - Fully Armed
#73 - Doctor Strange - Master of the Mystic Arts
#77 - Hulk - Green Goliath
#78 - Human Torch - Johnny Storm
#83 - Nick Fury - WWII Veteran
#85 - Nova - Bucket Head
#86 - Phoenix - Redd (x2)
#88 - Punisher - Vigilante
#92 - Storm - Wind-Rider
#93 - Thing - Grim Ben
#95 - Venom - Mac Gargan (x3)
#96 - War Machine - Parnell Jacobs (x3)
#97 - Mjolnir - Forged by Odin (x3)

#102 - Cyclops - Scott Summers

Cards I am looking for (dice needed where only where noted):

#70 - Deadpool - Jack
#79 - Iron Man - Billionaire (with die)
#80 - Loki - Illusionist
#82 - Mystique - Shapeshifter (with die)
#84 - Nightcrawler - Abandoned
#94 - Thor - God of Thunder (with die)

#103 - Deadpool - Chiyonosake
#105 - Doctor Octopus - Mad Scientist
#106 - Doctor Strange - Probably a Charlatan
#107 - Gambit - Cardsharp
#108 - Ghost Rider - Brimstone Biker
#109 - Green Goblin - Norman Osborn (with die)
#111 - Loki - Gem-Keeper
#113 - Mr. Fantastic - The Invincible Man (with die)
#114 - Mystique - Could Be Anyone
#117 - Nova - The Human Rocket
#119 - Professor X - Charles Francis Xavier
#123 - Thing - Idol of Millions
#124 - Venom - Angelo Fortunato
#127 - Mjolnir - Thor's Hammer

#130 - Green Goblin - "Gobby" (with die)
#131 - Mr. Fantastic - Elastic
#132 - Wolverine - Canucklehead
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carroll Lewis

Virginia
msg tools
It seems that you all have more to offer than I do.

I've got uncommon Angel, Colossus, and Doc Ock. Also a rare Rogue, and a fair amount of extra commons. I have spare dice for those characters, as well as Cyclops, Phoenix, and Thing.

I definitely would like another Gambit die (I don't have the common), and an uncommon Hulk, Cap, and Spidey (all with dice if possible). Does any of that sound trade worthy? I am pretty easy when it comes to trades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Musco
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Jerry, How does an Iron Man uncommon w/ die for a Hulk uncommon w/ die sound?

I picked up the uncommon Venom, Punisher and Angel yesterday.

I've only managed to snag one Wolverine die out of almost a whole box of boosters, so likely need more of those if anyone has a spare or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Reece
United States
Centreville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tiepilot1138 wrote:
Jerry, How does an Iron Man uncommon w/ die for a Hulk uncommon w/ die sound?

I picked up the uncommon Venom, Punisher and Angel yesterday.

I've only managed to snag one Wolverine die out of almost a whole box of boosters, so likely need more of those if anyone has a spare or two.

Sounds good. GM sent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes.
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to play some games from time to time in the Fairfax/Burke/Alexandria area. My pre-order starter came in yesterday, so if anyone is looking to off-load extra commons and uncommons then I'd be willing to take some off your hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carroll Lewis

Virginia
msg tools
Jerry -
As it turns out I do have an extra Thor die and card. Would you want to trade that for an uncommon cap with die? I'm also interested in a common Gambit with die, are there any character die that you also need?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Reece
United States
Centreville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jhwillo09 wrote:
Jerry -
As it turns out I do have an extra Thor die and card. Would you want to trade that for an uncommon cap with die? I'm also interested in a common Gambit with die, are there any character die that you also need?

Sounds good. GM sent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Breadroll
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
I'm in NE DC, I have some trades too. I have a starter to play with as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I'm in reston and would like to find pick up games and trades over the next few months, however I work this weekend I have plenty to trade, but have not taken an inventory yet. I also have a starter set. My wife and I played a few rounds this evening, and the game is a blast!

Would people be up for organizing at the game parlour in Chantilly? I'm not sure if they are doing there own MDM thing, but they have a ton of tables.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn G
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
It looks like most of you are in the Fairfax area. That's a bit far for me, but I could make it out there if that's the way the OP is heading. Personally, I'm looking for people in the Bethesda/Rockville/NW DC area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Breadroll
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Rockville/Bethesda would work well for me. Same with Fairfax and Reston. I'm kind of in the middle of all of you being in NE DC.

Would anyone be interested in playing at Labyrinth Games in Capitol Hill? It's a great shop, right next to the Eastern Market metro too. I'm really open to playing wherever though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn G
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Breadroll wrote:

Would anyone be interested in playing at Labyrinth Games in Capitol Hill? It's a great shop, right next to the Eastern Market metro too. I'm really open to playing wherever though.

I can definitely come down to Labyrinth Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Worrell
United States
Purcellville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got a starter! I have two Gravity Feeds coming from CSI in the next few days, crossing my fingers for a SR.

rebuscarnival wrote:
Would people be up for organizing at the game parlour in Chantilly? I'm not sure if they are doing there own MDM thing, but they have a ton of tables.

I work near there, so I would be interested. I know they are stocking the game, so hopefully they have some events in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
How bout this Friday May 9 at GP in Chantilly mid after noon into early evening? Probably break by 8. I also have the starter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Breadroll
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Shaudius wrote:

I can definitely come down to Labyrinth Games.

Awesome, we should sometime soon. Anyone else? I know it might be a bit of a trek for some of you.

rebuscarnival wrote:
How bout this Friday May 9 at GP in Chantilly mid after noon into early evening? Probably break by 8.

I'd like to but I'll have to see if I'll be available to get over there then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I can try to make it to labyrinth games in dc but need about a week's notice; I work late and many weekends, but can always request time off if you set a date. That said, I am booked the next two weekends...

Friday DC to chantilly commute is trigger material, you should put up a warning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Breadroll
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
rebuscarnival wrote:
I can try to make it to labyrinth games in dc but need about a week's notice; I work late and many weekends, but can always request time off if you set a date. That said, I am booked the next two weekends...

Friday DC to chantilly commute is trigger material, you should put up a warning.

That's fair, we can definitely set up a time to gather a group of us at Labyrinth in the following weeks.

Haha, is it that bad to drive to Chantilly on Fridays? With no traffic it's about 40 minutes from me. I certainly don't want to leave any time around rush hour, but if I left early enough hopefully I could miss most of the lousy traffic. Still seeing if I'd be available on Friday though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Breadroll wrote:
rebuscarnival wrote:

That's fair, we can definitely set up a time to gather a group of us at Labyrinth in the following weeks.

Haha, is it that bad to drive to Chantilly on Fridays? With no traffic it's about 40 minutes from me. I certainly don't want to leave any time around rush hour, but if I left early enough hopefully I could miss most of the lousy traffic. Still seeing if I'd be available on Friday though.

I feel like rush hour starts at 230 on Friday in the DC Metro, especially on a nice day. If you can get to 66 before HOV you will be fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Worrell
United States
Purcellville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rebuscarnival wrote:
How bout this Friday May 9 at GP in Chantilly mid after noon into early evening? Probably break by 8. I also have the starter.

I'll be working late this Friday unfortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Breadroll
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
rebuscarnival wrote:
Breadroll wrote:
rebuscarnival wrote:

I feel like rush hour starts at 230 on Friday in the DC Metro, especially on a nice day. If you can get to 66 before HOV you will be fine.

I can tentatively get to Chantilly on Friday myself, just making sure my schedule doesn't fall through. Would anyone else besides Rebus and I be able to make it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.