Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all. We have and enjoy Mystery Rummy: Jack the Ripper and are getting another in the series. The other 3 are all quite similarly ranked so it's hard to tell which to get. I'm leaning towards Jekyl and Hyde since it seems to have some interesting back and forth. I was hoping to hear from a few of you who have played some of them to see which you recommend.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Perryman
United States
Sanford
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played The Ripper myself, but I have a buddy that owns the entire series, and his opinion is that Jekyll and Hyde is the next best after The Ripper. Although it's technically part of the series, he also has a very opinion of Wyatt Earp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We started with Jack the Ripper and then got Jekyl and Hyde because it was cheap and easily available, compared to the others. We enjoy both, but since we haven't played the others (except Wyatt Earp, which I did not like) I can't compare them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think that you can go truly wrong with any of them, but I am quite fond of Mystery Rummy: Murders in the Rue Morgue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My comment will not help but I love Mystery Rummy: Al Capone and the Chicago Underworld. That one is by far my favorite (and I think the best). I have played all of them, including Earp and Bonnie and Clyde.

None of them are bad in my view, whatsoever. I'm not sure if Capone is still really difficult to get. Besides the card play, that I enjoy, I love the theme.

"No love for Frank!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Weimer
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite is the unofficial entry in the series, Wyatt Earp. Seems to be out of print, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Cole
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that this will help but we started out with Mystery Rummy: Jekyll & Hyde and after playing that and falling in love, we were curious what others in the series were like. We were lucky enough to happen upon Mystery Rummy: Jack the Ripper in an auction. We have that and like it even more than Jekyl and Hyde.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.