Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » General

Subject: Starter "bags" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jarimy Springer
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Are these the most ridiculous things ever included in a game? I know that the starter has a good price of $15, but wow they are hilariously bad.

I'm not even trying to start a complaint thread, this game is SWEET. When I finally cracked open a starter and saw the bags I just died laughing.

I ordered 2 chessex ones for $7 shipped online to replace them. Just kind of funny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Allie
United States
Bolivar
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I Was Geeky When Geeky Wasn't Cool
mbmbmbmbmb
I threw mine away. I never throw game components away. In my clost I have a stack of FFG inserts that I have replaced with plastic boxes. I will likely never need them, but saved them just in case. But those paper bags, I can never see using ever. They were too small to pack my kid's lunch in, even.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are colored airline sickness bags ridiculous for a dice game.... Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Klarmann
United States
Dutch Harbor
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will give them some credit for going with tyvek, I mean, who can really complain for 15 bucks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarimy Springer
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
wery67564 wrote:
I will give them some credit for going with tyvek, I mean, who can really complain for 15 bucks?

Yea I hear you. I honestly wasn't trying to complain about it. $15 is a great price point for a starter.

I just was like man these are hilariously bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Stewart
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I replaced mine with some "Marvel Super Heroes" party favor bags that I got at Target. They were $1.50 for an 8-pack. Very thematic, my hand fits in them, and I can't beat the price. They might not be opaque enough for competitive play, but for just my wife and me they are ideal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't received my game yet (should be here Monday!!!) but they are silly. I'm actually surprised WizKid didn't release a "Dice master cloth bag" along with the game as a separate purchase. Seems like they may have missed an opportunity there.

Edit: I just ordered two cloth chessex bags for like $4 total but I'm wishing I would have ordered something Marvel themed instead now. I've seen some really neat ones floating around in a few threads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarimy Springer
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
RiderPestilence wrote:
I haven't received my game yet (should be here Monday!!!) but they are silly. I'm actually surprised WizKid didn't release a "Dice master cloth bag" along with the game as a separate purchase. Seems like they may have missed an opportunity there.

Edit: I just ordered two cloth chessex bags for like $4 total but I'm wishing I would have ordered something Marvel themed instead now. I've seen some really neat ones floating around in a few threads.

I've seen ones for sale on ebay for like $15. I'm not spending $30 to get new bags. I'd rather buy 30 boosters hahaha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

It's enough to say, "Ooops, we forgot to buy dice bags! Hey, the game came with these things we can use in the meantime, just to try out the First Game rules..."

followed up with...

"Wow, this game is awesome. Tomorrow we should go buy some dice bags. While we're there, let's pick up some of those $1 boosters!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jarimy123 wrote:
RiderPestilence wrote:

I've seen ones for sale on ebay for like $15. I'm not spending $30 to get new bags. I'd rather buy 30 boosters hahaha.

I'm with ya on not spending $30 on two bags! The ones I saw I think were going for like $5 on ETSY I believe so obviously they were homemade. I think you can buy fabric that has a bunch of Marvel related stuff on it and people are just sewing it into a bag. But I will be happy with my generic blue and red cloth dice bags for now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I picked up my first boosters I got a big chessex bag with a sword design on it, that is honestly about 2x too big for this game, but I love it because there is plenty of room to shuffle and fit my hand in. Then when I got my starter, I got a spare bag in case I was playing against other with just my set. They have to suffer because it's about 1/2 as big as you need for this game. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
What daring! What outrageousness! What insolence! What arrogance!... I salute you.
badge
Conan! What is best in life? Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 10 games so far with my provided bags and they are looking rough. I didn't have the heart to throw them out until I got some use out of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Kat
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and my son used the bags because we thought they were goofy, but they didn't last long. During our 2nd game, I went to grab some dice and my hand came out the side at the seam. My son promptly accused me of cheating because I could see the dice through the side.

Then we just grabbed the Quarriors bags and used those instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Grrr
mbmbmbmbmb
Just brought 1/2 yard of marvel comic cloth from JoAnn Fabrics ($4), which my lovely wife is going to sew into two dice bags. What's more, she loves the game as well. I'm truly blessed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Woods
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Test
I will be using crown royal bags. One of my bags in the starter wasn't even sealed on the side. Lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.
badge
This. This is what I am. This is who I am. Come hell or high water. If I deny it, I deny everything I've ever done... Everything I've ever fought for.
mbmbmbmbmb
rwoods wrote:
I will be using crown royal bags. One of my bags in the starter wasn't even sealed on the side. Lol

That's what's up. I'm doing the same thing. I need another bottle, I mean bag for the second player
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The bags are bad, but I don't care because the price point on the game overall was good. Additionally, everyone is throwing these tyvek bags out and that's great, they should. I'm leaving mine packed safely away and will trade them when they become super rare and collectible! Or maybe not.

Sadly, I've had my wife using an old sock which makes a more comfortable dice bag than the OE tyvek bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.