Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Smith
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing earlier and found that the solo rules were a bit too easy to not die and it just turned in to a grind. Without wanting to make things too complicated I added some rules to make it more of a challenge and a little quicker.

After playing a couple of games I've come very, very close to dying 2 times and finally ran out of gold to make that extra sprint at the end to the exit token (last one about 6 squares away).

Variant Setup:
Remove 1 Scroll token and 1 Healing Fountain token, add the Baldrick's Gem token

Remove the following skill cards:
Opportunistic Paladin, Mediator, Profiteer, Endurance, Scout, Apothecary

Remove the following scrolls:
Beast Master, Sticky Fingers (or substitute as a Scroll of Riches with ability 'Gain 3 coins')

Rules:
Set up tokens as normal (10 + exit) on the following squares each time 14, 22, 27, 35, 42, 48, 54, 56, 72, 74, 87 (the example layout shown in the rules)
If a player lands on the Baldrick's Gem token they gain the gem token and a cursed card; the cursed card's effect lasts until the end of the dungeon (or 'permanently' in the case of -HP, etc)
If a player completes a dungeon while in possession of Baldrick's Gem they can sell it for X gold, where X is their level when exiting the dungeon
Players shuffle level II monsters in when they are level 2, level III monsters when they are level 3
Once players are level 5 they will remove level I monsters from the monster deck after they are defeated
Once players are level 7 they will remove level II monsters from the monster deck after they are defeated
The Healing Fountain may only heal up to 2 HP

(Highly) Suggested Rules:
Normal difficulty only (5 turns)
Players die if they don't escape to the exit in time
Players must shuffle and draw skill cards randomly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Kilcrease
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing your Solo variants, Barry!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.