Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [Deck] A fun Superserver Deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
General Norris
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
I've been meaning to build a classic HB Superserver deck for a while and I finally took one to a local tournament. It was fairly short so I don't think it was an achivement to have it go undefeated but I think it's pretty good so I'm going to post it here.

3 Priority Resquisition
3 Executive Retreat
1 Accelerated Beta Test
-----------------------
7 Agendas

3 Wall of Static
3 Viper
2 Rototurret
3 Ichi 1.0
3 Elli 1.0
2 Wotan
1 Ichi 2.0
2 Tollbooth (4inf)
1 Viktor 2.0
---------------------
20 Pieces of ICE

3 PAD Campaign
3 Adonis Campaign
3 EVE Campaign
3 Jackson Howard (3inf)
2 GRNDL Refinery (4inf)
---------------------------
14 Assets

3 Ash 2X
1 Caprice Nisei (4inf)
----------------------------
4 Upgrades

3 Hedge Fund
1 Interns
--------------------------
4 Operations

A very straightfoward deck. You have an insane amount of money because you play 12 economy cards instead of the normal 9 and GRNDL Refinery doubles both as a trap and a way to make money.

The singleton Caprice is as many as copies as the deck can fit but thanks to Jackson and Interns you can bring her back to defend R&D and prevent random game loses.

The big twoweakness of the deck is a huge vulnerability to Atman with 4 counters and simply being kind of a "dumb" deck without many ways to outsmart your opponent. But it's fun as a one-time thing and you can do very well if the metagame is favourable to it.

That's it, have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Ruman
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Looks solid and along the lines of redcoats. As a red coats variant player I can confirm that an Atman deck will probably tear you apart (depending if you were able to ice up archives sufficiently with different-strength-ice before they start coming up). To fight that I'd take out the Tollbooths (which are awesome, I agree) and think Heimdall 1.0 and 2.0 for strength variations. That frees up influence if you want another Caprice. Additionally I just find executive retreat to be blah and ABT to be great, so might want to drop 1 ER and try to work in 2 more ABT. Agenda density is important but with 20 ice and low agenda density, ABT can really swing a game. To find the space I'd say GRNDLs not worth it (1 more ABT and 1 real trap -- aggressive secretary) be my call. And hey, more influence (Caprice's from heaven).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you feel that you have enough economy to change this deck over to Stronger Together? That way you could change your ICE composition a little bit and have more varied strength?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Norris
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
wiley15 wrote:
Additionally I just find executive retreat to be blah and ABT to be great, so might want to drop 1 ER and try to work in 2 more ABT.

I really prefer to have as few agendas as possible, to reduce agenda density and because, well, you aren't really going to be in a position to use those Jacksons for ABT as often as one would like.

I also really enjoy the fact that Executive Retreat means you don't need to defend HQ as much because it clears it when you score it. This means you can focus on building only two servers, which is great.

Quote:
To find the space I'd say GRNDLs not worth it (1 more ABT and 1 real trap -- aggressive secretary)

This is a deck focused on economic warfare and GRNDL Refinery works when it's run over and works when it isn't. Aggressive Secretary doesn't and ends up being unreliable and not really furthering the deck's game plan as much.

It's just amazing to "score" GRNDL Refinery. The sheer economic advantage of it is worth it even if you mainly play it as a trap.

SW_Cygnus wrote:
Do you feel that you have enough economy to change this deck over to Stronger Together?

If we had one or two more cheap Bioroids worth pumping (Like Viktor 1.0), it would be better of as a Stronger Together deck. But right now switching to ST makes you far slower and you risk decking yourself way too often even if the Runner can't do anything but stare at your pillars of ICE.

Kind of a shame because it would have allowed ST some space to flourish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
I like the deck, a lot, but...

My biggest concern with this deck is parasite-atman builds. I have a very similar deck and atman is nipping at my heals with so many 3&4&5 strength ice. An atman at 3/4 means you can put a parasite on a 5 strength ice and run that ice without even having sucker tokens. This doesn't seem bad until you've been hit by indexing over and over. Remotes are better with heimdalls, but in my experience a good atman player won't bother with them.

Got any ideas on spreading the ice strengths out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Norris
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Wotan helps, the problem is that it's unique and the alternatives (Janus, Heimdall 2.0) aren't as great. It's simply not a deck I would run if Atman is common in your meta, just running so many Elis and Ichis makes you vulnerable to it.

Of course, I haven't looked into the new Jinteki ICE, perhaps it can import something useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maybe a little late bump here, but I've been interested in a more fun and edhier Red Coats variant. Love the deck and the idea!

About GRNDL Refinery, what about going with Thomas Haas instead? I love him as an "econ trap". The drawback with GRNDL Refinery is that the cash-in requires a click. With Tommy (I call him Tommy ) you can make the runner waste runs and, if you're lucky, making her waste a ton of resources breaking ice all for naught. More fun than GRNDL I feel, but not as much cash back unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Norris
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
If you cause a run by advancing a card twice, Thomas is slighty better. But, hey, I think I can spare two advances. And if it's not run over, GRNDL Refinery is much, much better

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.