Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
56 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Nothing Personal» Forums » News

Subject: Campaign for the Expansions now Live on Kickstarter! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all!

Game Salute are delighted to announce the launch of our new Kickstarter for the new Nothing Personal expansions: Power & Influence and Associates. You'll also be able to pick up a copy of the second printing of the base game!

Check out the campaign today. It runs until May 31st, but speedy funding means we'll be able to unveil some excellent stretch goals!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamesalute/nothing-pers...

Thanks for your support,

Michael @ Game Salute
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
To start let me say that I LOVE the game...

Now some Questions:

1- Is this project EU Friendly?

2- There's so little information in the KS page, no quantity of components, practically no explanation of what this will add to the game but for me the most shocking thing of all is that with so little information and looking at what we know, it's just more gangster cards, more Influence cards and some special powers (that seem really cool) and the price is $45????
From what I've seen these are just cards... no tokens, no boards, no chits, no minis, just cards... $45????? Why???

3- Will the backers that only want the expansions get the new and improved rulebook?

I was really looking forward to this but with this price tag you'll have to give much more information about what we are getting...

I really wasn't expecting this price point and so little information
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Nicholson
United States
Leo
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How many cards? Can't seem to find what it adds?

Is it really October of next year? That's a crazy long time

There doesn't seem to be much benefit for backing this compared to getting it through retail later (assuming it's funded, which I have no doubt).

All and in all this seem like a pretty poor launch. You need to update this immediately, or take down the project and put it back up when you are a actually ready.

Sorry to be harsh, but Nothing Personal is a great game and deserves better and so do the fans.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't noticed it was October of 2015!!!!! 1 year and a half??? $45??? Something has to be wrong here
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
One and a half years for an expansion? Why put the Kickstarter up now? Are you sure you don't mean October 2014? Gotta be a typo.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
2015 WTF

And the details on this campaign are pretty horrible.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Fall 2015 is realistic for a GameSalute timeline at the moment. If you take a look at their current backlog of games in development, they've already got too many projects on their plate. Lately, they've missed the target dates of almost all their projects. There's a wonderful discussion going on right now about it;

Game Salute: A Cautionary Tale

Personally, I tip my hat to GameSalute for presenting backers with a realistic timeline for when the expansion might be released. thumbsup.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Blaha
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
What a Terrible Night to Have a Curse.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My only concern is having an option for getting a reprinted board.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Durp
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Please post in the file section the 2nd edition rule book.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Elkins
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Listen, it obviously will take at least 18 months to design and print two decks of cards for this expansion. Its not like they have the basic theme down and near final artwork for most of the cards.

And I don't understand why people are complaining about the price. I mean you can get the Young Turks Expansion for $15 on Game Salute. So of course the next two card based expansions will be 150% more expensive for the same thing (cards only, no chits, dice, or anything else).

Sarcasm aside, I love Nothing Personal and it gets played a bunch in my game group. I've already sent the link on to two other people who I know will be backing this project. I guess it is because of this that they can get away with few specifics, a long lead time for printing cards, and a price hike on the expansion.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I need several more plays in the basic game before I care to get any expansions. Oct 2015 might be a good time to expand the game. But I'm happy to wait for retail for that.

I understand a campaign giving a realistic release date but that's gotta be balanced with anticipation from backers. I think 1.5 years is a bit too far for me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
corrected board and updated rulebook would make nice add-ons
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Muhammad Azwan Dahlan
Malaysia
Kepala Batas
Penang
flag msg tools
badge
Wahatever you do... DON'T... FALL... ASLEEP...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MCollier wrote:
corrected board and updated rulebook would make nice add-ons


+1
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis O'Connor
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Was gonna back it, but no option for just the reprint of the game. I'll pass, Game Salute sucks.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dann May
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hi! Pleased to meet you.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bodhibelly wrote:
Listen, it obviously will take at least 18 months to design and print two decks of cards for this expansion. Its not like they have the basic theme down and near final artwork for most of the cards.

And I don't understand why people are complaining about the price. I mean you can get the Young Turks Expansion for $15 on Game Salute. So of course the next two card based expansions will be 150% more expensive for the same thing (cards only, no chits, dice, or anything else).

Sarcasm aside, I love Nothing Personal and it gets played a bunch in my game group. I've already sent the link on to two other people who I know will be backing this project. I guess it is because of this that they can get away with few specifics, a long lead time for printing cards, and a price hike on the expansion.


We got the final card list from Tom and Steve a two weeks ago and the artist, Lucas Soriano, has now started and is working non-stop, completing at least three pieces a week. He will be finished early Novemeber on all the art if all goes well. Maybe we could have divided up the art to other artists but we wanted to maintain the look of the base game and the results coming in are simply awesome. Then we need to do the layouts of the cards, and get them off to the printers. This is just my guess but it could arrive early or in the middle of next year, but we are rightly allowing for possible issues, any hold up with the backer art and for possible stretch goal additions, surely it is better to be fair and give a heads up to potential backers by giving a cautious estimate.

The basics are, it will take time to create this product (not sure why that is such a bad thing to admit) but back it on KS and you will get it before it hits stores.

There is more to these expansions than the Young Turks expansion. I don't work on the KS campaigns, and I'd say the best place to seek out details is over there, I'm just saying this based on the art and design list I have in front of me.

Edit: Also, I posted the second edition board, with the enlarged score track and board corrections in the image gallery. And for those I spoke to about this previously, we fixed the colour issue on the influence card icons.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lucero
United States
Centennial
CO
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
I hadn't noticed it was October of 2015!!!!! 1 year and a half??? $45??? Something has to be wrong here

Yes indeed there is, and that thing is called Game Salute. $25 MSRP for a deck of cards?? Seriously, why is this kickstarter project the same price as the original game was?

I'm in such conflict. I love, LOVE Nothing Personal. It's easily one of the top games of 2013 and certainly the most overlooked. Tom and Steve not only designed a brilliant and tremendously fun game to play, but they really treated gamers with it's impeccable production values. They knocked it out of the park. I'm so excited that there even is going to be an expansion. Then I remember I have to deal with Game Salute. Ugh!

The sad thing is ultimately I'm sure to cough up the cash for this ridiculously over priced product because the game is that good. zombie
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Elkins
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Jumpseat wrote:
Bodhibelly wrote:
Listen, it obviously will take at least 18 months to design and print two decks of cards for this expansion. Its not like they have the basic theme down and near final artwork for most of the cards.

And I don't understand why people are complaining about the price. I mean you can get the Young Turks Expansion for $15 on Game Salute. So of course the next two card based expansions will be 150% more expensive for the same thing (cards only, no chits, dice, or anything else).

Sarcasm aside, I love Nothing Personal and it gets played a bunch in my game group. I've already sent the link on to two other people who I know will be backing this project. I guess it is because of this that they can get away with few specifics, a long lead time for printing cards, and a price hike on the expansion.


We got the final card list from Tom and Steve a two weeks ago and the artist, Lucas Soriano, has now started and is working non-stop, completing at least three pieces a week. He will be finished early Novemeber on all the art if all goes well. Maybe we could have divided up the art to other artists but we wanted to maintain the look of the base game and the results coming in are simply awesome. Then we need to do the layouts of the cards, and get them off to the printers. This is just my guess but it could arrive early or in the middle of next year, but we are rightly allowing for possible issues, any hold up with the backer art and for possible stretch goal additions, surely it is better to be fair and give a heads up to potential backers by giving a cautious estimate.

The basics are, it will take time to create this product (not sure why that is such a bad thing to admit) but back it on KS and you will get it before it hits stores.

There is more to these expansions than the Young Turks expansion. I don't work on the KS campaigns, and I'd say the best place to seek out details is over there, I'm just saying this based on the art and design list I have in front of me.

Edit: Also, I posted the second edition board, with the enlarged score track and board corrections in the image gallery. And for those I spoke to about this previously, we fixed the colour issue on the influence card icons.


Dann,

Thanks for the response. One thing that no one can complain about is the quality of the game and the great art. Nothing Personal has hands down some of the best components of any game I've played, it is obvious a lot of care goes into it I bought the game for my friend, yet I am very tempted to fully back this game to have my own edition.

I think that there is a lot of frustration over the lack of information related to the content vs. price and long lead time. Additionally there is some built up angst against the delivery delay on other Kickstarter projects from Game Salute. It appears that there will be more new content beyond just the new roles, but nothing explicit is included on the page. Any additional info on the project would be greatly appreciated!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lorence Syfargo
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jumpseat wrote:
Edit: Also, I posted the second edition board, with the enlarged score track and board corrections in the image gallery. And for those I spoke to about this previously, we fixed the colour issue on the influence card icons.


What was the colour issue on the influence card icons?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dann May
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hi! Pleased to meet you.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fargy wrote:
Jumpseat wrote:
Edit: Also, I posted the second edition board, with the enlarged score track and board corrections in the image gallery. And for those I spoke to about this previously, we fixed the colour issue on the influence card icons.


What was the colour issue on the influence card icons?



Hiya Ryan,

In the first printing there was a slight colour mismatch on the backdrops behind the influence card logos (the logos themselves were white), with the gangster card icons, not something major or standoutish (based on a lot of people I know not noticing it) or that broke the game, just a slight hue shift, but something we (and couple of kindly BGG users) wanted to make sure was fixed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dann May
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hi! Pleased to meet you.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bodhibelly wrote:

Dann,

Thanks for the response. One thing that no one can complain about is the quality of the game and the great art. Nothing Personal has hands down some of the best components of any game I've played, it is obvious a lot of care goes into it I bought the game for my friend, yet I am very tempted to fully back this game to have my own edition.

I think that there is a lot of frustration over the lack of information related to the content vs. price and long lead time. Additionally there is some built up angst against the delivery delay on other Kickstarter projects from Game Salute. It appears that there will be more new content beyond just the new roles, but nothing explicit is included on the page. Any additional info on the project would be greatly appreciated!


Cheers. Yeah, I'm not sure why the component numbers aren't up there on the KS, makes it a bit tough. We are having an all hands on deck meeting tonight so I'll ask.

I can tell you we are working on the art for over 170 cards, with at least 88 gangsters in those and some other weird and fun stuff. The list I'm working from is just a general art order, it doesn't divide them up into the specific expansions. Does 170 odd cards with a lot of original new art seem a bit better value? I'm not American, I'm Australian so I pay a bit more for games generally.

Edit: An exclusive teaser for readers of this thread... I just got a Wil Wheaton gangster art spec
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me give you some perspective here regarding how ridiculous it is what Game Salute is doing.

I recently backed a Kickstarter by Funforge where they not only produce an actual 'collectors edition' of their game Tokaido, but also remake art, create three dozen miniatures, create soundtracks, new characters, a new expansion and a full set of all other kind of great quality components and will deliver it by november of this year. You can read more about it at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/funforge/tokaido-collec....

Do you know how much I paid for the complete Collector's Edition of Tokaido? $135, which includes shipping to EU and delivery by november of this year.

Nothing Personal Kickstarter campaign promises you two decks of cards and if you don't have the original game, then also the second printing of the game with the fixed board. But it takes them one and a half years of production time and $180 if I want it in EU.

!?!?
6 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Fink
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Way to expensive for EU backers, thats very sad...just want the basegame and missed the first KS...but 180 Dollars?? for a Boardgame without any minis...just the normal boardgamestuff...i mean a game like Caverna costs less than half.

Hopefully i get the chance to get the basegame in Essen 2014
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
xbjoernx wrote:
Way to expensive for EU backers, thats very sad...just want the basegame and missed the first KS...but 180 Dollars?? for a Boardgame without any minis...just the normal boardgamestuff...i mean a game like Caverna costs less than half.


Wow, I can get a copy of Caverna shipped from the US for $160, and that weighs more than three times what Nothing Personal does.

And that's without getting into multiple copies. Five copies of Caverna would cost me $600, five copies of NP would cost me $900. Something's not right here.

EDIT: Ah, hadn't realised it was two separate deliveries for the main game and the expansions. That'll be a factor in the price.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
xbjoernx wrote:
Way to expensive for EU backers, thats very sad...just want the basegame and missed the first KS...but 180 Dollars?? for a Boardgame without any minis...just the normal boardgamestuff...i mean a game like Caverna costs less than half.


Agreed. I might have backed this but $180 is way too much.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Fink
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well i don't want to say it all the time when a "eurogame" KS from the US hits KS, but look at Stonemayer Games and Viticulture + Tuscany...i pay 90 Dollars included European friendly shipping for a deluxe Edition game with more Stuff...so if he can do this...why not others? I know that the way to a good distribution for the EU is a long way, but i think its worth it. And no game without expensive Miniatures in a normal Box with normal standard Stuff is worth 180 Dollars...sorry
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.