3 Posts

We Didn't Playtest This Pasted-On Theme at All!» Forums » General

Subject: Should this be stand-alone? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Martone
msg tools
mbmbmb
Sure, it obviously "can" be mixed together, but similar to how I haven't once seen the Bomb/Balm mechanic actually trigger since mixing expansions, I'm not sure it 'should' be mixed.

For now we're content to play with just the new stuff, and just absorb as much of the new content straight to our brain, but I'm trying to see if I should keep it stand alone, or alternatively, start creating 2-3 subdecks of WDPTAL games for the purpose of:

1. Excluding writing mechanic legacies cards from random environment play where its 'too much' for new groups with no social overlap.
2. ensuring cards that work directly with one another are in a small enough density that its notably more likely that someone might actually have card referenced by another card.

Either way, seeing it at my FLAGS was 100% insta-buy. Too bad I missed the kickstarter, seemed like quite the 5 day ride.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
I find mixing them together more effective with large groups, but if you're only 4-5 just one or two decks will do.

Legacies + Theme is a good pairing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:

Legacies + Theme is a good pairing.

After shuffling them together is the open-the-pack-condition of 20 or more icons automatically fulfilled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.