Mark Wilson
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My son (10) and I LOVE this game. Maybe we are doing something wrong but as long as he puts punisher in his team he wins for sure.

This is an broad question but how do you defend against him?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Worth
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Which Punisher?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the most dangerous one is probably McRook. For him, you are going to either pay 2 life and save your character, or he is KO'd immediately. Depending on your board situation you don't have to pay each time. A sidekick can take out at least 1 level of Punisher, so you don't need big defenders. If you can afford it, just take the KO and reroll it next turn rather than paying the 2 life. Punisher isn't exactly an auto-win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played McRook against my daughter and actually felt bad about it. It is quite powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
While your at it, could you please explain leveling down. When?, How? Why? Where?

That would be of great help to us!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Robinson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope your son never finds Professor X

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Let us go out this evening for pleasure; the night is still young."
badge
STOP! WHOSE TURN IS IT NEXT?
mbmbmbmbmb
markwilsonsd wrote:
While your at it, could you please explain leveling down. When?, How? Why? Where?

That would be of great help to us!

There are three levels of each character die. They are listed on the character card in order from left to right after the energy examples. If you have an ability that lets you level up or down, you just spin the die to the appropriate side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Weber
msg tools
If you look at your character card there are three energy sides and 3 character sides...the one on the far left is level 1 then 2 then 3 accordingly. When a card wants you to change a level look at the level its currently on and change it up or down depending on the ability. So say its on level 3 and you need to lower it..look at the card and go one dice to the left and change the face to match that die on the card that is left of the one you had. Same thing with going up a level but change it to the die one right on the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok. got it!

BUT to confirm this only applies when a card requires it.

SO its not a health level status number. Ie. I lose an attack then stay in the field zone but level down.

This has been VERY helpful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J K
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love me some Loki- Gem something (5 cost). If Mcrook is the baddest character they got just lock it down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Worth
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I must be missing something. I don't see how McRook is so good. He takes out 1 character. Storm can take out all of the defenders.

Unless McRook is being played that his power is after blockers are assigned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J K
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually don't like the storm that sweeps- they all go to the prep area. That makes for one big turn for your opponent. I do however love the 5 cost storm. 2 to the used pile and 4 damage to your opponent. Yes please.

As far as McRook goes he has a ton of bang for his buck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J K
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coraaay wrote:
GrayDaddy wrote:
I actually don't like the storm that sweeps- they all go to the prep area. That makes for one big turn for your opponent. I do however love the 5 cost storm. 2 to the used pile and 4 damage to your opponent. Yes please.

As far as McRook goes he has a ton of bang for his buck.

Depends on the deck. If you're playing fast and furious the sweep all storm opens your opponent up to finish them.

You traded me your copy of Lost Legends. My group really enjoys it!

Storm and beast (Mutate 666) are my two favorite characters so far in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mutate 666 is my favorite character too. The resource-hog ccg player in me says he's also easily one of the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Fella
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My sister and I got into the game and she got Punisher well before I did. She devastates with him.

To me the game is becoming as much about the choices you make during the actual game, if not more than the building of your team beforehand.

My sister plays Punisher extremely well, and my critique of why I can't beat her when she plays him is that I am making poor choices that really work with his strengths.

He's not unstoppable, but if you aren't careful in what you are doing he is extremely tough to get by.

(Half the time when my sister uses Storm it re-rolls my characters to higher levels, so Storm doesn't bother me at all lol)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Worth
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, Beast and Ghost Rider that let you draw extra dice.
Then you should be rolling 7 dice after Punisher attacks. So you can build more 6/7 cost characters into your team and drop some 4/5s

Play Dr Doom, I think one has ability give -1A/-1D to non-villains and one has global to give -1A/-1D to a character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kworth wrote:
Play Dr Doom, I think one has ability give -1A/-1D to non-villains and one has global to give -1A/-1D to a character.

Unless Storm-Princess is in play, then the game halts to lengthy rule discussions about ongoing vs triggering actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Briggs
msg tools
Lol lol lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas P.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If your opponent is attacking with Punisher alone, just let it KO something. Rerolling anything that doesn't take 2+ energy to field is not that bad. Using characters that have scary fielding powers that you WANT to get knocked out is also a hard counter. The three cost Storm that comes in the starter that rerolls on fielding just cackles and destroys every time she's knocked out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J K
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So to sum up this thread. Storm rocks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hristoforov
United States
North Hollywood
CA
flag msg tools
storm and gambit are begging to get rerolled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.