Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Gaming with Kids

Subject: Ancient History Themed Games for Second Grade rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kit M
msg tools
I want to find board games with an ancient history theme appropriate for a second grader that plays well with only two players. She enjoys games like Ticket to Ride and Pandemic, but I don't think we could play anything significantly longer or more complex. Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ICONOCLAST

Galt's Gultch
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Battle Line is quick, easy, and designed for two players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad R
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am actually using 7 wonders to teach my 5 yo about the wonders. Have the kids pick a wonder to play with and give them a small cliffs note interesting report on the wonder. gives a little more substance to building as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roll Through the Ages: The Bronze Age
Dice rolling game.

Quick and easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tara Tallan
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Augustus. It's often described as Bingo for gamers, but it also has some strategy to it. Like 7 Wonders the history element isn't a big part of the game play, but it's there is you want to look for it. All the Senators in the game are real historical figures, and the goods shown on the region cards represent what those areas were known for producing.

I spent an enjoyable hour or so myself combing Wikipedia to learn who Augustus was, after I bought the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ra technically fits, and is pretty popular but the glue used to paste the theme on may well actually just be a mixture of water and luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Kat
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about The Downfall of Pompeii? About one the same level of complexity as Ticket to Ride, but takes a little less time to play. My kids really like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin
United States
glennallen
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roma

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what age a "second grader" is in the ustated knights but I found Sigismundus Augustus an interesting game with lots of history in it.

But maybe 16th century is not considered "ancient history"?

So what about powergrid: first sparks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.