Since the rules of the first expansion were patched because a couple of cards were unbalanced, will these cards be reprinted in the second expansion in order to keep the original and more streamlined rules, just adding the few problematic exceptions on the text of the cards?
I'm not very aware of the exact extent of the original imbalance problems, but I like when the rules are kept as simple as possible.
Thanks in advance for any answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
Baldanzotto wrote:
Since the rules of the first expansion were patched because a couple of cards were unbalanced, will these cards be reprinted in the second expansion in order to keep the original and more streamlined rules, just adding the few problematic exceptions on the cards text?
I'm not very aware of the exact extent of the original imbalance problems, but I like when the rules are kept as simple as possible.
Thanks in advance for any answer.

The Monarch's Revenge variant will be included in the Revolution Rulebook.

Also, a couple of the more problematic cards (Phantom Ship, Divine Energy) are getting adjusted and re-printed for game balance, although the Monarch's Revenge limitation is still at the discretion of the players. As an example, Phantom Ship now costs 2 Energy to play. It's still quite powerful, of course.

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No replacements for the tactics cards? :sadface: I believe those were the only cards updated for 2nd edition correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adonai_80 wrote:
No replacements for the tactics cards? :sadface: I believe those were the only cards updated for 2nd edition correct?

The Starting Deck Tactics, as well as Pioneer Spirit, were updated in the 2nd printing of the base game. They are not currently available separately, however.

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Booth
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Do you know if the updated cards will be made available? It'd be nice to not have to explain this every time I teach the game (though having that updated for Empress Elona's deck does help quite a bit).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not think there are plans to release those cards separately at this time.

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.