Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Casey
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
For immediate release

Ann Arbor, Mich. — May 1, 2014 — Clever Move LLC on Thursday officially launched clevermovegames.com, a website focused on providing new and experienced tabletop gamers with a place to learn and laugh about the games they love.

The site features a variety of content including tabletop game news, reviews, videos and jokes as well as interviews with prominent geeks about their gaming experiences.

The site will be run by Clever Move founder and seasoned journalist Matt M. Casey. Casey has worked at a variety of news organizations including Charlestown Patch, BevNET.com and the Hanover Evening Sun, where his work earned him a press award. He has also produced work for Geek Magazine, New Hampshire Public Radio and The Boston Globe.

“I picked up my first Magic: The Gathering starter deck when I was 10 years old, and I’ve been a gamer ever since,” Casey said. “I now own a closet full of games, and I see brick and mortar game stores as an important part of my life.”

In addition to supplying gamers with information, clevermovegames.com will provide social media support to partner game stores across the country. In the long term, Casey said, he aims to build a robust national network of game stores to help them collectively compete against online retailers and mass market retailers.

“Internet phenomena like BoardGameGeek.com and Wil Wheaton’s TableTop show have made tabletop games more popular than ever,” Casey said. “Target now sells Quirkle and Carcassonne. This is great, but it threatens boutique game store owners, who have done the hard work to nurture this hobby over the past three decades.”

Matt M. Casey
matt@clevermovegames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Make it happen Matt!!!

This is great!!!!

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.