Efr aim
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi this is a Kender warlock based on dragonlance. (I know it is from the dnd world... But still...)

Adrian
Kender, Warlock, Male.

Favorite card type: Spells

Weapons: 1 2
Armors: 0 1
Spells: 3 4 5 6
Items: 3 4 5
Allies: 3 4
Blessings: 5 6 7

Skills:
STR D4| +1
DEX D6| +1 +2
CON D8| +1 +2 +3 +4
INT D10| +1 +2 +3
Arcane: INT+3
Craft: INT+3
WIS D6| +1
CHA D8| +1 +2 +3 +4
Diplomacy: CHA+2

Powers:
Hans Size: 5 6
Warlock's Curse: When encountering a bane you can curse him, then put him on your deck before you reset your hand fight him with a check to defeat decreased by 1 (_2) (_3) for the rest of the scenario, that way eventually it's check to defeat would be 0 and it will die. When fighting him you cannot use spells with attack trait.

Taunt: When another player is encountering a bane you may taunt him and then you'd encounter him instead with a check to defeat decreased by three but even if he defeated he is shuffled back to your location deck and is undefeated. To do so burry a card (_Discard it instead).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aurax golden chubby dragon
msg tools
A bit weird...

He has a weapon slot but cannot use them properly (no melee, no ranged, low str, low dex) - combat checks will be very difficult, and acquiring new weapons very complicated (specially as the campaign progresses)

His arcane is great but conflicts with with curse power... if you cannot kill those enemies with weapons nor spells, you are forced to use "evaders", like invisibility... then, with only 3 spell slots, what do you actually do to kill enemies?

And what does exactly mean "put him on your deck" (your hand? on top of your deck? display it?)

Taunt is cool but very situational... inferior to simply evading the bane... and while the -3 to the defeat check is nice, lets remember we have a character here with very few spells and no weapon capabilities...

I would suggest you test it for at least the three introductory scenarios plus burnt offerings and you will see his limitations... Nice ideas, they just need a bit more of work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OH you mean custom character... :surprise:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved Thread
Moved this thread from the General forum to the Variants forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Feldmann SoFrankly
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
OH you mean custom character... surprise

Most people who play this game in costume are characters, so I guess that works...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Efr aim
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
aurax wrote:
A bit weird...

His arcane is great but conflicts with with curse power... if you cannot kill those enemies with weapons nor spells, you are forced to use "evaders", like invisibility... then, with only 3 spell slots, what do you actually do to kill enemies?

And what does exactly mean "put him on your deck" (your hand? on top of your deck? display it?)

Taunt is cool but very situational... inferior to simply evading the bane... and while the -3 to the defeat check is nice, lets remember we have a character here with very few spells and no weapon capabilities...

Actually to kill monsters he would just need to take damage from them until the check to defeat them will be small.

Put him on your deck is anywhere you will remember to fight him.

The -3 to the check to defeat help the character so it will be easier to defeat monsters after you taunt them.

I will try to test him more and maybe think of an idea to make him better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Efr aim
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
OH you mean custom character... surprise

Err... Yeah

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Efr aim
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
After playtesting him some more i came up wirh some changes:
Adrian
Kender, Warlock, Male.

Favorite card type: Spells

Weapons: 1 2
Armors: 0 1
Spells: 6 7 8 9
Items: 2 3 4
Allies: 2 3
Blessings: 4 5 6

Skills:
STR D4| +1
DEX D6| +1 +2
CON D8| +1 +2 +3 +4
INT D10| +1 +2 +3
Arcane: INT+3
Craft: INT+3
WIS D6| +1
CHA D8| +1 +2 +3 +4
Diplomacy: CHA+2

Powers:
Hans Size: 5 6
Warlock's Curse: When encountering a bane you can curse him, then put him on your deck before you reset your hand fight him with a check to defeat decreased by 1 (_2) (_3) for the rest of the scenario, that way eventually it's check to defeat would be 0 and it will die. When fighting him you cannot use spells with attack trait.

Taunt: When another player is encountering a bane you may taunt him. Then you encounter him instead with a check to defeat decreased by 3, but whether you defeat him or not, shuffle him to your location deck. To do so burry a card (_Discard it instead).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus 190
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kenders must have Wanderlust i would think, its why they adventure, something about being able to explore again but at cost, also Tas from the dragonlance books had Kleptomania not sure how you would work it in but be fun trying i'm sure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.