Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Risk Advance rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
Risk Advance

The purpose of this deck is to essentially be an always advance FA deck based out of Jinteki. If they run your remotes, they die, steal, or score an agenda for you. There's no way for them to know which will happen. Hence "Risk-Advance".

Put everything out there without worrying too much about what it is. Put san sans on your TOL batteries so that when you've run them down or don't have a TOL you can lose the trap to score something.

The point is to elevate risk for your opponent and lower it for yourself. A pretty good first turn play is to Komainu with an agenda behind it. If they go for it, they lose their hand if they don't you start up +2.

Jinteki: Personal Evolution (Core Set)

Agenda (11)
3x Braintrust (What Lies Ahead)
3x Clone Retirement (Second Thoughts)
3x Medical Breakthrough (Honor and Profit)
1x Philotic Entanglement (Honor and Profit)
1x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (6)
3x Plan B (Honor and Profit)
3x Project Junebug (Core Set)

Upgrade (3)
3x SanSan City Grid (Core Set) ••••• ••••

Operation (12)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Medical Research Fundraiser (Honor and Profit)
3x Mushin No Shin (Honor and Profit)
3x Trick of Light (Trace Amount)

Barrier (3)
3x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)

Code Gate (6)
2x Inazuma (Honor and Profit)
2x Shiro (Honor and Profit)
2x Yagura (Fear and Loathing)

Sentry (8)
3x Komainu (Honor and Profit)
3x Matrix Analyzer (Core Set) ••••• •
2x Rainbow (Honor and Profit)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Honor and Profit

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

My criticisms

My concerns right now are mostly money and the porousness of centrals. I'm considering moving towards archers from the analyzers, but analyzers turn Plan B on just like mushin no shin.

3 sans sans is probably too many, could easily go down to 2 and open up Ice wall for early game, but then I'm not sure what I lose to play it.

The deck certainly gives people a headache.

Signature Moves:
Agenda behind Komainu
Inazuma in front of pretty much anything that hurts or ETR's.
Mushin No Shin, and then place an analyzer on the server.
Guard SanSan with an advanced June Bug
Yagura on a Non-R&D Server to help filter your draws when you don't have to worry about them stealing what's on top.
Philotic fast advance when they have 5 points for the win.

Weaknesses:
Account Syphon, just not enough economy in this build.
Parasite, we hate hate this card!
Locks.

I don't think this is competitive, yet, but I'm going to keep honing it and see if I can make it competitive. It can just win games, but suffers from the central play Jinteki decks of old usually suffer from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like fun - and the type of thing I've been messing around with myself - but you called it out yourself - you don't have nearly enough economy. Maybe swap the fundraiser for celebrity gift?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you beat Silhouette? Or even Infiltration / Same Old Thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bialecki
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain_Frisk wrote:
It looks like fun - and the type of thing I've been messing around with myself - but you called it out yourself - you don't have nearly enough economy. Maybe swap the fundraiser for celebrity gift?

Yeah, I tried what I called an IAA deck a while ago. It's expensive. I gave up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
Zeromus wrote:
How do you beat Silhouette? Or even Infiltration / Same Old Thing?

In this case you basically protect a SanSan with a junebugs go pure TOL/SanSan fast advance. Get the junebugs out with 3+ counters on it so it doesn't get run (Low Risk). Protect the SanSan by putting it on the same server so it's ready for a late game score.

TOL what you can, and then san san the last or second to last agenda. Final score would then be off the sansan or perhaps strait out of hand (clone retirement/medical breakthrough).

It'd definitely be a rougher game. Alternatively, you get Z-Loyalty on the table and turn that ability off, but that's getting more expensive and would take up deck slots.

The good news is that the number of decks running expose has gone way down. The bad news is its probably about to go way up, but that has a different sort of cost on a deck and I think other corps will benefit from the opportunity cost of Jinteki being a thing.

Djuzuh wrote:
If I see a sansan or a trick of light in jinteki, Why would I ever run an card advanced 3 or 4times?

Because if you don't I'll start putting agendas down and advancing them 3 or 4 times because you're playing predictably. If you don't run them, then I get to profit for you not doing so. Maybe not running them is the right move, but you'd almost do better to run, dare I say it, exploratory romp rather than ignore my remotes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
Djuzuh wrote:
If I see a sansan or a trick of light in jinteki, Why would I ever run an card advanced 3 or 4times?

This is exactly right, the whole advantage of sansan and trick of light is the ability to fast advance out of hand. If you install something and advance it a bunch and leave it, I'm probably just going to run R&D. You don't have Astro so what's the worst it's going to be? Overadvanced Braintrust?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
Zebadiah wrote:
Djuzuh wrote:

This is exactly right, the whole advantage of sansan and trick of light is the ability to fast advance out of hand. If you install something and advance it a bunch and leave it, I'm probably just going to run R&D. You don't have Astro so what's the worst it's going to be? Overadvanced Braintrust?

And now that you haven't run the card, TOL is turned on and I can advance out of hand and it's possibly 2 brain trusts. Now I'm at match point and good luck winning.

I should also emphasize that Musin No Shin is entirely an enabler of this strategy since it makes advancing things in remotes much cheaper than it was in the past, leaving you money to rez ice on centrals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Anon
msg tools
Zebadiah wrote:
what's the worst it's going to be? Overadvanced Braintrust?

Well the worst would probably be a Philotic Entanglement that pops after you raided R&D and have some agendas. If you had 5 agenda points and scored it it would do 5 net damage + 1 net damage for PE which would flatline you assuming a max hand size of 5 and no prevention (not a terrible assumption).

But that pretty unlikely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
gumOnShoe wrote:
Zebadiah wrote:
Djuzuh wrote:

And now that you haven't run the card, TOL is turned on and I can advance out of hand and it's possibly 2 brain trusts. Now I'm at match point and good luck winning.

I should also emphasize that Musin No Shin is entirely an enabler of this strategy since it makes advancing things in remotes much cheaper than it was in the past, leaving you money to rez ice on centrals.

Ture, it would enable trick of light and that would allow you to advance a couple agendas. But then we're in the position of you having scored 4pts and are unable to draw any more agendas because you're R&D locked. Mushin does help a lot, but keep in mind you have to create a new remote with it. Also, you're technically on match point, but only because of your one 3-pt agenda.

Nodonn wrote:
Zebadiah wrote:
what's the worst it's going to be? Overadvanced Braintrust?

Well the worst would probably be a Philotic Entanglement that pops after you raided R&D and have some agendas. If you had 5 agenda points and scored it it would do 5 net damage + 1 net damage for PE which would flatline you assuming a max hand size of 5 and no prevention (not a terrible assumption).

But that pretty unlikely.

That's not how the card works. It does 1 net damage for every agenda card in my score area. Realistically, I've probably scored 1-3 agendas and even then have Deus X out because I'm playing Jinteki. It's still good, but I'll let you score that if it means I can R&D lock you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
Zebadiah wrote:
Ture, it would enable trick of light and that would allow you to advance a couple agendas. But then we're in the position of you having scored 4pts and are unable to draw any more agendas because you're R&D locked.

Well, 4 pts happens, but not all that often with clone retirement in the deck from the few times I've played it. A well placed yagura and some of the other cards can work against an R&D lock. If the only place you're stacking ice agaisnt shaper is R&D you can make it expensive enough that they can't run it every turn. But I admit the weakness. It does happen.

Quote:
Mushin does help a lot, but keep in mind you have to create a new remote with it. Also, you're technically on match point, but only because of your one 3-pt agenda.

Creating a new remote is rarely a bad thing. It increases the likelihood of analysis paralysis, and the number of things you want to run against that advanced 3 times, as has been admitted, is quite low.

Does the deck have flaws? Yes. I don't call it Risk Advance for nothing. Is it better than I expected? Yes. There's a nugget of something here, and its refreshing to play with things sitting out on the table advanced pretty far without ice bastions everywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unmeel Banerjea
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
gumOnShoe wrote:
Zebadiah wrote:
Djuzuh wrote:

How exactly are you on match point from 2 brain trusts and how are you FAing two brain trusts without the exact magical combination of cards anyway?

If I play vs. this deck I would just run centrals all the time, and score thanks to R&D being super porous plus Corp pouring resources into traps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.