Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin von Allmen
Switzerland
Zuchwil
Zuchwil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hello.
i have played the game and i have questions about it. i dont know the official words of the english-version because i have the german edition.

1. you can use ranged weapons like a pistol to make a melee-attack. can you handle the damage like a melee-attack (decide which zombie take the damage) or you must kill in order survivor-slow zombie-fat zombie ...?

2. in scenario 7 grindhouse, we opened the first house and killed all the zombies, then we search alot and found the items to make a molotov. then we killed the zombies in house 2 with this. was that correct? it was without tense, because the zombies cant break out of house 2.

3. you must choose a startplayer and then play clockwise. that is crap, is there a good alternate rule for that? and official errata?

best regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No. It is a ranged attack at 0 range, not a melee attack, so ranged rules count.

2. It is correct, and a number of us also think this scenario can be 'without tense'. But there is plenty of tension in other scenarios.

3. The starter rules mean you have to plan carefully, and sometimes it is crap. However, the rulebook also says you can scrap a rule you don't like. This could be one of those cases for you. Personally, I like the rule because it provides an extra puzzle to solve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding question 3, there are basically two possible house rules you could adopt:

1. Choose the player order each turn.
2. Choose the Survivor activation order each turn.

If you always play 6 player with one Survivor each, then these amount to the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
for your 2nd question, there is a bit of risk when opening the door of the 2nd building as at that moment you first need to draw a spawn card for every room in it.
if you took a bit of time to find your molotov there might already be quite some zombies on the board and these spawn cards may be causing extra activations due to running out of models and splits.
as this happens before you have the chance to throw the molotov inside, you might lose some survivors.
so you need to time when you will enter the building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
My advice now to anyone new to Zombicide is to stick to the competition scenarios. They're almost universally better than any of the scenarios that come with the base game (which is not to say all the base game scenarios are bad, just that if you're choosing one without prior knowledge, you're more likely to find a broken or slightly dull one if choosing from the rulebook).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.