Popular Tags: [View All]
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally played W today and we all liked it, though it took (too) long despite good preparation. Some answers had been cleared before, some more questions came up during play (one or main reason it took so long). One answer I found (you can empty refineries that are not completely full with that area card) checking now, but cannot look at all them postings right now. Also found out that you can pay with shares for oil actions as well as for building actions ... sigh, should have know that before (well, still won the game by one point, though playing it wrong in places - like empty refineries, see above).

Anyway, a few more issues we solved ourselves more or less, still my thanks to everybody, especially André, if he might care, to just answer the following with "yes" or "no".

1. Auction for Wildcatter - only the winning player pays their bid to the bank, the losing player(s) retain their bids.

2. If the active player does not transport, also no other player may transport during the active player's turn.

3. When doing sea transport, you may move a ship (if you're entitled to move that ship) even if it is not completely loaded.

4. A bit more than "yes" or "no" needed for this - what about ties for 3rd place during final scoring?

Great game I suspected it to be, but, think I said this before and no offense meant, a pity it's messed up with these really very poor rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Only winner pays.
2. Correct, if the active player does not transport, no one else can either.
3. Correct - but everyone must have chance to load oil first.
4. In ties, points are added together and rounded down. Since this would be a tie for third, this would seem to be 1 point for each of the two players in third place whether it be for shares or country majorities at the end of game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
larryjrice wrote:
1. Only winner pays.
2. Correct, if the active player does not transport, no one else can either.
3. Correct - but everyone must have chance to load oil first.
4. In ties, points are added together and rounded down. Since this would be a tie for third, this would seem to be 1 point for each of the two players in third place whether it be for shares or country majorities at the end of game.

Yup, same answers that I would have given.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to both of you for fast confirmation, so we played it correct concerning these issues, at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andre spil
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
all the answers are right.

point 3: because of the rule by transport, wenn you can deliver to a refinery you must. so every tanker(half loaded or complete filled) move at step 3 of transport after every player has a chance to load his oil.

there is one issue in the rules by deliver oil to a refinery.
the new rule is.
always the owner of the tanker has to unload his oil first.

sorry about the rules, we tried to make the best of it but we did everything ourselves.(We also are RASS games) because publishers didnt want to publish the game.
to expensive and to much risico with a new designer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your confirmation, André, and I know you and Rolf did it all yourself, and a great job you did: great game (!), very appealing graphics.

But the rules prove once more - people who design great games cannot write rules.

If you've got another game to be published - just contact me and I'll write the rules for you.

Best,
Ferdi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andre spil
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
youre right about this, thanks and we will contact you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to another great game like Wildcatters!
Ferdi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And one more, and final, I guess, little question about transport, André.

The rules say that other players can transport, if the active player transports. My question is: If some other player decides to transport as well (which you would usually do, I think), do they have to transport up to the end of the transport route, or could they decide to just transport to the harbor only, for example, and leave their oil barrel(s), or even only some of them, there for later transport?

Guess they have to transport as far as possible and cannot stop "in between", but would like to know what you say about this.

Thanks,
Ferdi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oil must end up in a refinery if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, just what I thought - but, to make it absolutely clear, only if the non-active player wants to transport at all, right?

With other words - if the non-active player decides to transport, they have to follow the routine completely, but they may decide to not start start transporting at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andre spil
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
The active player pays for transport 4 money.
free choice for the non active players if they also want to transport.
if the non active player decides to transport he must transport from every pumpjack 1 oil to the refineries in players order.wenn you cant reach a refinery it stays in the harbor of the active area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, thanks for your confirmation, André.

Yet one more little issue, sorry ;-) - "The active player may make the opening bid ..." (for Wildcatter).
If the active player does not want to make the bid or cannot do so, the next player in player order with a pumpjack in that area may make the opening bid, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andre spil
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
no problem, if you have questions, just ask!

if the starting player pass the next player with a pumpjack in that area may do the openingsbid.
if a player pass he cannot longer join the auction for that wildcatter chip.
however, wenn there are 2 wildcatter chips in an area there will be a new auction and all the players who have pass in the first auction can join the new auction for the next wildcatter chip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's exactly how we played it, thanks!
:-) Ferdi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.