Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar» Forums » Rules

Subject: some tricky rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex M
Romania
flag msg tools
Hey guys,
I recieved this really great game and after playing some games, I realized how much imagination and strategic thinking requires and for that we must to understand the rules very good. I read almost every comment from here, but I have the impression that some answers bump head to head a bit, so I don't want to waste nobody's time, but if you could answer short and to the point (yes or no would do it) to the following questions, will be just fine:

1) There are buildings with the Uxmal 2 and 5 action on it. I can use them only one time, when I bought them?

2) The wealth cards which have Tikal 1 action on them, must be played only at the beggining of the game? (logical is to wait a bit and use it for the 3rd position)

3) If I put the worker on the start point, I take the hat, the corn and I can decide if I turn it twice, right? (if my playcard is still on bright color)

4) If I have the hat and I put the worker on the start point, I take the corn, hat goes to the left player. Can somebody turn the wheel twice in this case?

5) With the second position from agricultural tech, I can harvest corn from under trees if no corn tile is revealed, right?

6) Tikal 5 says that first building built can enjoy the buildings tech bonuses and second not. Can this be switched?

Thank you so much guys!
Gone Tzolk'ing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hindmarch
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
1) Once, when building is obtained
2) Wealth cards give you starting resources. You do not take Tikal 1 action on the wealth card. That is intended for "blocking out" spaces on the wheel during game set-up
3) Yes
4) You can
5) No. You cannot harvest corn from under the wood. You have to harvest the wood first.
6) Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MHindmarch's answer to #4 is incorrect. The purpose of agriculture second tech is to allow for harvesting corn when no corn is visible or all the corn at that position is gone. It also provides +1 corn when fishing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
- - - - - -
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexxx1326 wrote:
5) With the second position from agricultural tech, I can harvest corn from under trees if no corn tile is revealed, right?

Yes, you can harvest, but you don't take the tile from under the trees. You just take the amount of corn from the bank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hindmarch
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
It was question #5 I bungled. Misread it. Thank you for correcting me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex M
Romania
flag msg tools
thanks a lot guys! but you didnt understand the second question, my mistake, sorry. I meant that the action we can do on Tikal 1 and twice on Tikal 3 appears also on wealth cards (to increase a position on a tech). When we can use it? at very beggining? or I can wait and use it later for the 3rd position foe example?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-matt s.
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
/geeklist/240879
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexxx1326 wrote:
thanks a lot guys! but you didnt understand the second question, my mistake, sorry. I meant that the action we can do on Tikal 1 and twice on Tikal 3 appears also on wealth cards (to increase a position on a tech). When we can use it? at very beggining? or I can wait and use it later for the 3rd position foe example?

Tech advancements on wealth cards are immediate at the beginning of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rinaldo De Lucca
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Starting Wealth tiles that can be used on Food Days can be used only one time or four times (4 Food Days)?
There are 2 different types:
- One of your workers requires no corn; and
- All of your workers require 1 less corn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-matt s.
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
/geeklist/240879
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RinaldoDeLucca wrote:
The Starting Wealth tiles that can be used on Food Days can be used only one time or four times (4 Food Days)?
There are 2 different types:
- One of your workers requires no corn; and
- All of your workers require 1 less corn.

Farms should be permanent and apply for the entire game (i.e. each feeding day). I wasn't aware of an 'All of your workers require 1 less corn' starting wealth tile - is that part of an expansion or have I just not seen it? (sorry, I'm being lazy and not trying to research it myself right now)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rinaldo De Lucca
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3) YES, you take the corn as soon as you finish your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.