• [+] Dice rolls
August Larson
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From the April 28 BGG News: • IDW Games and Pandasaurus Games have announced a promotional expansion for the July 2014 release of a new edition of Masao Suganuma's Machi Koro, and this expansion — consisting of five copies of Machi Koro: Gaming Mega Store — will be available only with "pre-ordered, first-edition copies of the game" through brick-and-mortar hobby and game stores. No details of what the card does have been released at this time, only its color — purple — which suggests that its effect will be nasty for other players. To get this card, retailers need to place preorders with their distributor by May 28, 2014.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody knows which brick-and-mortar stores will definitely include the promo? Even better, anyone knows which ones in Europe will do so?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominique Doguet
France
SAINT SYLVAIN
SEINE MARITIME
flag msg tools
Unaware... Really ?
badge
In case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening and good night !
mbmbmbmbmb
coralsaw wrote:
Anybody knows which brick-and-mortar stores will definitely include the promo? Even better, anyone knows which ones in Europe will do so?

Thanks

And I've got a bonus question : I own a Japanese copy of "Machi Koro" and its expansion, and since this brand new bonus card will be sold by IDW Games and Pandasaurus Games, am I safe to say it's not an "official" Japanese expansion ?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
colmustard21 wrote:
To get this card, retailers need to place preorders with their distributor by May 28, 2014.

Who is the UK distributor? Because my FLGS hasn't heard of the game, let alone seen it on any order lists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Lacson
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if CSI counts as a brick and mortar store. I'll ask and let you guys know.

Edit: I spoke to a nice gentlemen named Anthony. He said if you preorder from coolstuffinc.com, you will get the promo. I'm off to place my pre-order now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Maia
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
arcane220 wrote:
I wonder if CSI counts as a brick and mortar store. I'll ask and let you guys know.

Edit: I spoke to a nice gentlemen named Anthony. He said if you preorder from coolstuffinc.com, you will get the promo. I'm off to place my pre-order now.

Anyone know if this is also true for other online stores (e.g. miniaturemarket.com)?

EDIT: I got this response today:

miniaturemarket.com wrote:
We never know with those kind of orders, how they will classify us. We won't know for sure until the order arrives. If we do receive them, they will be given out only to people who preordered and on a first come-first served basis.

is there really a possibility that CSI will get these but MM not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ISO Haven
msg tools
mbmbmb
It doesn't make much sense for them to say the FIRST RUN and ONLY BRICK AND MORTAR stores will have it. That would be one heck of a distribution nightmare. Also places like CSI actually have stores. So would they send them two different SKUs and leave it up to CSI to push them through properly? Bleh, makes no sense.

My guess is the first batch of the games will have them no matter where you buy them.

I also noticed though that Amazon is now saying August 20th

Does anyone know of a store in SoCal that is selling the play mat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Lacson
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think with the playmat, you may have to ask your FLGS to request it specifically.

I don't think GTS Distribution is just giving them out without requests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
randall fischer

Warren
Michigan
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a pre order in through amazon, fullfilled by IDW. I know its not brick and mortar, but pre-ordering from the game company directly...well...I hope I get these cards.

If my FLGS didnt mark things up above retail, I might order throug them, but as it stands, their pricing is pretty ridiculous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Tidwell
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FLGS claimed the cards would be in the box for pre-ordered games.

They were not. Caveat emptor. Not cool IDW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter J
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken Tidwell wrote:
FLGS claimed the cards would be in the box for pre-ordered games.

They were not. Caveat emptor. Not cool IDW.

I just picked up a copy from my local game store, and it has a big yellow sticker for the Mega Store on the front like this.

Do you know if yours had the sticker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Emich
United States
Winter Garden
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
I just got mine and the sticker says, "BONUS! 5 gaming mega store cards included!" I searched all the cards and the box and there were no "bonus" cards anywhere. So those who get a box with this sticker, be prepared that you may not have these bonus cards in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ponder
United States
Orlando
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I walked into CSI here in Orlando and picked a copy up. Can confirm - has gaming mega store inside.

For those who don't know Cool Stuff Inc actually (!) has a storefront and play area in Orlando FL, with the warehouse attached to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Emich
United States
Winter Garden
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
That's where I got my copy (store pick up) and no bonus cards inside despite the sticker saying it's included. :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saker
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Taban ran a BGG contest to promote their KS Eden Escape, then gave the contest "winners" nothing.
badge
I don't discuss my clients.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just opened my copy from CSI (picked up at their Maitland store), and it included the 5 copies of the promo card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Law
Denmark
Kolding
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No copy inside my preorder, store bought copy either

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vinson H
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
Pfft. Mine didn't have it either, although my retailer friend (that I bought from) said that the NEXT shipment ones had the card, so not cool either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Tidwell
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. No sticker and no cards.

The FLGS instructed me to email IDW at: