United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not the new opening sequence for the upcoming season featuring new Doctor Peter Capaldi but the guy who made this did one hell of a job and it's likely better than the one they will actually use.

Be sure to watch this full screen if you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
That is outstanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
Baller.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
...yeah... never made it past the episode where televisions took off people's faces.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would support this 100%. Very well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if the episode title is a comment on Moffat's writing? Deux ex Machina is a plot development that is usually despised by people who teach writing but not at all uncommon historically on Doctor Who.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Hopcroft wrote:
I wonder if the episode title is a comment on Moffat's writing? Deux ex Machina is a plot development that is usually despised by people who teach writing but not at all uncommon historically on Doctor Who.

And a bit more common under Moffat...LOL. Pretty sure it's a tongue-in-cheek snipe at him, yeah...

FWIW, I was so-so on the asteroids and planet bit. It was amusing, for sure, but felt a bit more like a Star Trek series opening (see: 'Voyager', for example) than Doctor Who.

The face of the Doctor I always did like seeing in the credits, so that was as nice touch (I love it when they did that for Smith last season - real nice throwback!), and I was also a fan of the 'Doctor Who' block-letter-flyby, as from the TV movie...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Michael Hopcroft wrote:

It's also a reference to a very, very old episode...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.