Subject: Game availability and editions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I dunno if I've just got bad luck here, but none of the FLGSes around here have Lewis & Clark in stock. Is it still in print and available? Or is it between printings?

I have seen posts about a first edition and second edition here, and various posts that seem to suggest that second edition is worse in board/pieces quality. Is this true? Does it say on the box which edition it is so I know which one I'm getting (if I find a copy).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So...why do they have these overtext things anyway?
badge
This is what I really look like. Really. Actually, it was clip art borrowed from the internet
mbmbmbmbmb
My second edition is fine. Not sure, but it seems unlikely that the entire print run is gone so soon after this re-release. Give it a little time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Whitpan
United States
Schwenksville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS currently has a copy, so I know they are around. It's Asmode doing the distro and they usually are pretty available in my experience, although I can't speak for the Great white north. It's also on Amazon in the US.
As far as editions. That's easy.

Fist print run is a tall thin, rectangular box, while the Asmode version is a square like TTR.

I don't see any difference in bit quality, good or bad. It looks like the production is the same from what I can tell.

I did have an issue with the board tearing in half, butt Ludanaut actually replaced it. Cards are deft quality, but they are full bleed and a bit on the thin side. I have the first run.

Still a beautiful game I enjoy playing. Get the stickers out of the BGG store if you order it!

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Schmitt
United States
South Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A comparison of the editions can be found here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/44121/lewis-clark/compari...

You can still find it in some locations online even if not in your FLGS. Amazon and Cool Stuff Inc both have it in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EDG_ wrote:
I dunno if I've just got bad luck here, but none of the FLGSes around here have Lewis & Clark in stock. Is it still in print and available? Or is it between printings?

Second printing just came out a month ago. Ask your FLGS to order it or order it from an OLGS.

EDG_ wrote:
Does it say on the box which edition it is so I know which one I'm getting (if I find a copy).

The second edition should say Asmodee on it somewhere.

The size of the box is probably the biggest difference. The first printing box was taller and skinnier. The second edition box is wider and not as tall, more square.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
OK, thanks all. Hopefully the FLGS will be able to get it back in soon then
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up a copy from TimeWellSpent a couple days ago, and he has copies left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony T
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cwhitpan wrote:

Still a beautiful game I enjoy playing. Get the stickers out of the BGG store if you order it!

Cheers!

I was trying to find the stickers but did not see them in the BGG store. Do you have a link by chance or know of another place they might be available?

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Lamoreaux
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vectordream wrote:

I was trying to find the stickers but did not see them in the BGG store. Do you have a link by chance or know of another place they might be available?

Thanks!!

I was just looking for these too- they are sold out on the BGG and from Ludonaute. They were an Essen Promo so they are probably gone forever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
So do people prefer the smaller size of the 2nd printing? Seems like the colors are a little more vibrant in the first one though. What is the major difference between the two? Which one is overall better?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.