Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Parkinson
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got crazy lucky and stumbled into a comic shop to find two starter sets and 38 boosters I picked up both. Then I realized the starter packs are carbon copies of each other. Is the any point or advantage to having two sets? Can you field more than just one of the exact same cards?
I just need to know if I should try to sell it or not.
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Herrera
United States
Vancouver
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, with two starters you essentially almost have a complete set of dice for all the basic characters, but beyond that, not really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The eight hero dice are useful. Everything else, you should probably give away or sell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Parkinson
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologize I don't know too much about the game. So you will never need more than one of the cards for a character, but you may want more of the dice for that character?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith W
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With two starters, you can sell the 2nd one on ebay and it will pay for both of the ones you bought, so you essentially got yours for free!

Other than that, having the extra dice for starter characters (since they're so hard to find in boosters) is the only real advantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saca_Muela wrote:
I apologize I don't know too much about the game. So you will never need more than one of the cards for a character, but you may want more of the dice for that character?

Right.
However, since you can play with two players in one starter set, having duplicate cards does allow for you both to play the same character at the same time.

But that's not a big deal. If you buy a few #1 packs, you'll have plenty of characters to choose from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm tempted to get another starter just so I can field the full 5 dice for Hulk, Thor, etc in my Avengers setup with Nick Fury leading the charge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Parkinson
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will you not get the basic character dice in the boosters as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Neville
msg tools
Saca_Muela wrote:

I have the same question, I thought you would get starter hero dice with their variants

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saca_Muela wrote:

My group has been through 7 gravity feeds now. I'm not sure how many basic characters we've seen, but not even 7 total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.
badge
This. This is what I am. This is who I am. Come hell or high water. If I deny it, I deny everything I've ever done... Everything I've ever fought for.
mbmbmbmbmb
2.5 Gravity Feeds and I got maybe one of each, two of a couple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Richardhellyer1 wrote:
Saca_Muela wrote:

I have the same question, I thought you would get starter hero dice with their variants

The character cards in the starter deck are not in the boosters. Each of those 8 characters only have one other variant found in the boosters. So the odds of finding them are low because all the other characters in the boosters have around 3 versions of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Crockett
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It isn't a bad thing to have. With one starter, you really can't field the 'tournament' level team of 20 dice across 8 characters. Of course you got a bunch of boosters too so you are probably ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Crawford
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The second starter set is also very handy if you want to play a 3 or 4 player game. I played a few two-headed giant games (or whatever it's called in Magic, I've been out some years) today and they were a blast. But if other people you play with are getting into the game on their own, you obviously won't need to supply the components as I did for my group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2 starters will give you enough action and sidekick dice to play 4 player games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Brown
United States
River Ridge
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I opened 2 gravity feeds and got the following starter dice:

3 Hulk
3 Spider Man
3 Beast
2 Human Torch
2 Iron Man
2 Thor
2 Storm
1 Captain America

So that's 18 extra dice to match starter dice, altough I still don't have a starter box yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.