6 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Ditch the Advanced Proton Torpedos? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Lutovsky
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here's the list I'm thinking of bring to a local tournament. I usually always fly Empire but I felt like mixing it up.

Ibitsam + Push the Limit + Advanced Proton Torpedoes

Rookie Pilot

Rookie Pilot

Prototype Pilot + Cluster Missiles

First thought is maybe swap the A-Wing with another rookie.

I like the advanced protons with PTL combo because it means you can set up your target lock and get your focus in one turn, and the stress on Ibitsam is nice too.

But i could swap it for two hull upgrades or something else.

I like them but they're expensive. Thoughts?

(The other day I actually one-shotted an x-wing with them. 5 hits and he rolled blanks on evade!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'd start by ditching the Cluster Missiles, actually. I like the APT, but I'm not sold on Ibtisam in this build: she's a huge investment without any protection, which means she'll be a priority target for your opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vorpal Sword wrote:
I'd start by ditching the Cluster Missiles, actually. I like the APT, but I'm not sold on Ibtisam in this build: she's a huge investment without any protection, which means she'll be a priority target for your opponent.

I would agree. Cluster, while good against agility 1 ships, still can only be modified once (unless marksmanship). Makes it still limiting. Concussion missiles remain my favorite. Ibtisam is a tough call too. PS 6 is strong, but I would worry about anyone with higher PS who can fire second round first. Would be my first target for sure, even if it was at a longer range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle G
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
drop the cluster missiles and you can upgrade a rookie to Biggs

then just play the squad and see how it goes. Tweak it later if needed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Lutovsky
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What if I upgraded a rookie to Biggs and ditched the missiles on the A-Wing?

I didn't want Biggs because everyone uses Biggs lol. I just feel like a lot of lists end up being more or less the same...

Or that, but instead of the A-Wing, beef everybody up. Possibly turn the other rookie into Luke or something.

I don't know if a three ship list is good or not. :\

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordy Crozier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a three ship list in my first store championship about two weeks ago. I played it because I didn't rate my chances so I reckoned keep it simple. 3 ships is easy to fly and you can do surprising things but I think you will always be up against it. My first game was against two bounty hunters and an omicron. I managed to take down a bounty hunter and the shuttle before losing my second ship so I called it. The next game was against 5 Y-wings and I really struggled. My last game was against two bounty hunters and Backstabber. I had some horrible dice rolls which left me exposed. Fewer ships means fewer chances to fire so if you have a bad roll you can be screwed. I still liked my list (wedge + r2 + photon, Ibstaim + oppertunist + fire control system and Tycho + assault missiles) and I purposely avoided Biggs and multiple B-Wings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.