Crazy Adam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message.
badge
Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
mbmbmbmbmb
As mentioned in the Campaign rules, the Rebel player does not add the cost of the GR-75 and "Combat Retrofit" when building the Fleet of 200 Squad Points.

I assume then, in Mission Setup, the combined SP cost of the Ship plus Retrofit (40 SP) does not count against the listed Points in each Mission?

For example, in Mission H1, the Rebel Setup states: "GR-75 (Combat Retrofit), 125 Squad Points". Do I have 125 Points to spend in addition to the GR-75 or 85 Points, after subtracting the cost of the Transport?

Does the same apply then when playing individual Missions, without using the full Campaign rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The R5Donth Star II
Canada
Hamilton
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you've got it right Adam, that's the way I've been doing it. Those first 40 are free and don't count toward the total limit for all the missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanu Kannaksen
msg tools
Well last night I played Mission H1 with GR-75 + 3 x X-wings (=125 points total, GR included) and I won. If i'd had 40 points more to spend I think Imperials would not have been any chance. Now it was tight match.

I believe GR-75 + retrofit should be count in the squad cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Danbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this same question, but was leaning towards them not counting.

In the rules it states they don't count towards the 200 point roster you put together, and wasn't sure if they counted towards points you actually put on the board.

But then in the "Build Rebel Squad" section it says the Rebel player builds his squad by choosing one or more rows listed in the "Fleet" column. Which means you'd only count the upgrade points on the transport (in the example roster sheet they show, they only list the points for upgrades in the row for the GR-75)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bey
United States
Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
freechinanow wrote:
As mentioned in the Campaign rules, the Rebel player does not add the cost of the GR-75 and "Combat Retrofit" when building the Fleet of 200 Squad Points.

I assume then, in Mission Setup, the combined SP cost of the Ship plus Retrofit (40 SP) does not count against the listed Points in each Mission?

For example, in Mission H1, the Rebel Setup states: "GR-75 (Combat Retrofit), 125 Squad Points". Do I have 125 Points to spend in addition to the GR-75 or 85 Points, after subtracting the cost of the Transport?

Does the same apply then when playing individual Missions, without using the full Campaign rules?

The wording is pretty clear that you get to field the Transport with Combat Retrofit, in addition to 125 squad points of your choosing. The Transport doesn't count against the point limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.