Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or are the cards and other material different. I played the original game with the pewter sculpts and thought it would be neat to use the pre-paints in those skirmishes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards are different, but you could use any figures including these ones, in theory. The two rules sets are completely different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You wold need to print out cards for the old rules. I believe it is possible to find the old cards online.

The old rules also use square bases, but I don't know how important that is to the mechanics of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you make a few strategic purchases, you can probably score the rules, or find them online. The square bases could probably be house ruled on (or just remounted). The Rag'narok rules (not to be confused with the C:AOR rules) have larger formations that would be comparable to what you're talking about.

Getting the cards would be another chore, but they're floating around somewhere....

I recommend Confrontation: 3rd Edition (the Hardcover) and the Dogs of War supplement to build custom companies. You could mix the plastics in with metals that you can find and have smaller forces (maybe 4-10 models instead).

jp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sasquatch Incognito
United States
Newman
California
flag msg tools
if you go to www.orderofgamers.com look under thier Miniature games section, You can find great downloads for Confrontation Age of Ragnorok that show merged old and new army lists and printable cards for the 5 major armies of the ram, wolfin, griffin,lion and scorpiens (sic) as well as great printable rule summary sheets, try this link.

http://www.orderofgamers.com/games/confrontation

I would recommend this site to all board and miniature gamers for the massive collection of printable source material for absolutely tons of games, no really mind blowing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Lance. Just a note though: the stuff I have on the site is all for the last edition of Confrontation, nothing earlier. But it does include unit cards for not only everything in the new army books, but all the old units that were given last edition stats by Rackham before they folded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur chang
United States
TUSTIN
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The round bases would be a big issue. Mainly because you can possibly get more other units to surround another single unit which messes up the "fray splitting" or at least unbalances it by allowing swarms of too many units to melee.

A quick fix can be just to glue on paper/cardstock squares under the round bases and use that as a guide.

If anyone needs the last set of cards released by R as UH mentioned, let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sasquatch Incognito
United States
Newman
California
flag msg tools
you can buy the round bases cheap at Miniature Market.com i think the 30mm bases come 8 to a pack and can be had for as little as $1 a pack, they also have the other size bases and they can be found on ebay and other sites as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur chang
United States
TUSTIN
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lsavage2a2 wrote:
you can buy the round bases cheap at Miniature Market.com i think the 30mm bases come 8 to a pack and can be had for as little as $1 a pack, they also have the other size bases and they can be found on ebay and other sites as well.

I think the OP was asking the opposite -- using the PPP on the original C3 game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Riessen
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
completely possible. IMO the very best rules were the 2nd edition rules, which came with every single mini produced. So getting the rules is as simple as buying a mini on ebay (still in blister). Comes with rules, damage markers and cards. Buy a magic user, you get the magic rules. Buy a priest, get rules for those. As for the cards for 2nd edition to use with these pre-painted figures you're asking about, you can find those online to print out for just about every figure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.