Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was suggested to me that it would be interesting to run a poll to see how much the solitaire version of Viticulture affected the decision on whether to back the Tuscany Kickstarter or not, and I completely agree that it would be quite interesting indeed , so please help out by answering my single question below.

If you didn't back on Kickstarter but later preordered (or bought if you read this after it has become available at retail) it then please also chime in by answering the question.

Thanks.

Poll
How important was the solo version to your decision to back, preorder or buy Tuscany?
Wouldn't have backed/preordered/bought without it
Very important
Somewhat important
Little impotance
No importance
      125 answers
Poll created by mortenmdk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S P
United States
Zionsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I said "no importance" because I knew I was going to back it before I learned about the solo play. That said, I am pretty excited to try the solo game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Whitpan
United States
Schwenksville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here.
I had it backed before I even knew about it.
I generally never solo though. I enjoy games with people I have found after a few tries, although I do run through rules on new games.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Prozinski
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Stop touching me!
badge
You're far too trusting!
mb
Same as the previous posters, I backed it on day one, a couple hours after it went live. I was happy to see the solo version announced, but it had no affect on my backing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Downum
United States
Grover Beach
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Add me to the same camp as the others. I was excited to learn there was a solo variant but I had been planning for quite some time to back it before I knew there was a solo variant.

I'm not opposed to solo gaming but it's also not a majority of my gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering that Tuscany is an expansion for a base game that wasn't originally designed for solo play, the fact that around 1/4 of the people thinks that having solo rules is at least somewhat important is not too shabby!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW the link to the original post is wrong, Morten.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rodego wrote:
I said "no importance" because I knew I was going to back it before I learned about the solo play. That said, I am pretty excited to try the solo game.

This
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Koester
United States
Cornelius
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto what many have said. I had backed it from day one, so the solo rules were icing on the cake.

I think there is a community of backers out there that have the following reaction to a Stonemaier Games product:

TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!!

At which point they spend the following month watching and helping the product develop. It's a wonderful thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
juanma99 wrote:
BTW the link to the original post is wrong, Morten.

Thanks. Apparantly replies to blog posts are not the same as replies in threads, when using the BGG linking system. I've fixed the link now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rodego wrote:

Yeah, I imagine that a lot of people backed it without even knowing about the solo version (I can't remember when Jamey announced the solo version).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
juanma99 wrote:
Considering that Tuscany is an expansion for a base game that wasn't originally designed for solo play, the fact that around 1/4 of the people thinks that having solo rules is at least somewhat important is not too shabby!

Yeah, I've been extremely surprised at the number of people who've stated outside of this poll that the solo version was an important part of their decision, and I'm also surprised by the initial numbers here.

If you had asked me before Viticulture Automa was announced I would have guessed that less than 5% would have a solo version factor into their decision in any way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apthebold wrote:
Ditto what many have said. I had backed it from day one, so the solo rules were icing on the cake.

I think there is a community of backers out there that have the following reaction to a Stonemaier Games product:

TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!!

At which point they spend the following month watching and helping the product develop. It's a wonderful thing.

Haha, yeah, I'm a member of that community myself .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, apparently I'm a little impotent...;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Khonnor wrote:
Well, apparently I'm a little impotent...;-)

I'm sorry to hear that .

This'll teach me to post before my brain has woken up .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Beliveau
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
It didn't affect my decision to back, but it was probably the only stretch goal that, once released, I would have been pretty upset that we didn't hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
juanma99 wrote:

Yeah, I've been extremely surprised at the number of people who've stated outside of this poll that the solo version was an important part of their decision, and I'm also surprised by the initial numbers here.

If you had asked me before Viticulture Automa was announced I would have guessed that less than 5% would have a solo version factor into their decision in any way.

I would have backed it either way. But the fact they threw solo rules into only makes it even better. The solo rules and play are fantastic. Very challenging stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.