Hide
4 Posts

Carnival Zombie» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hellequin’s Grenade Launcher and Captain’s Special Action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mint Vision
msg tools
Right, so I’ve had most of my questions about this (great) game resolved by reading this forum, so thanks to all who have contributed thus far.

1. Hellequin’s grenade launcher attachment. The card simply has the weapon stats with “+” in front of the bullets/rounds box. I’ve been pretty liberal and realistic with the use of it, but I wanted to get everyone’s take on it. I posted a picture of a common situation that the Hellequin would be in.

I would shoot my grenade at the immediate (ring 1) left cave first then shoot once right, and then shoot once left in the 2nd ring (or shoot once, grenade, 2nd shot) for a total of 3 shoots and a mixed order. Anyone gonna argue that it must be 2 shots before the grenade or vice versa? A similar case can be made for Brighell’s grenades. Thoughts?

2. Captain's special action for boat search and signaling the airship. The language in the book is slightly ambiguous with regard to items (success) and items (cards).

Item = He contacts the airship or finds the boat (depending on the location)
Survivor = survivor
Infected = choice between survivor and item

The first line of explanation clearly conveys the term “item” as a success. If an item equals a success then does that mean I can draw an infected and choose item/success? After all, it says “item” not “item card”

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason McConnell
United States
Sweeny
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I don't think it matters in the order of the shots, just that you have one extra AoE shot. So you have 3 shots, one is AoE, all with a range of 2.

2. The Captains ability is the only exception to that rule. You MUST find an item icon to succeed in finding the boat/airship, an infected result does give you an item card, but it doesn't count as a success.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mint Vision
msg tools
Thank you for the input Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norm R

Ohio
msg tools
What Jason said is also my interpretation of the rules, though I am not 100% sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.