Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Hammack
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When is this expansion coming out? Including this expansion how many more are there? I thought there were only two left?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Sinnett
United States
Philomath
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This hasn't been handed off to the playtest crew yet, so I'd assume it's still a ways off. We're still getting new Sentinel Tactics content to work on, and I'm sure they want to have that completely tested through before they're going to hand us a second game to work on.

I don't remember ever seeing anything that says there's only two left that was confirmed by the guys at >G. The 'only two left' thing was purely based on crunching numbers, as I understand it.

That said, I seem to remember seeing one of the >G guys say somewhere (and I wish I could find it again) that Vengeance is the midpoint. Take that as you will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember reading that there were only twothree left as well. Wrath of the Cosmos is the first of those twothree and than there's the "Final Expansion" and that closes "The Arc" of Sentinels of the Multiverse. Tactics continues the "story" that will end with whatever the final expansion is.

While I'm not saying they couldn't come up with something new Villain, Hero or Environment wise, I do wonder what new card mechanics they can come up with that "Thematically works."

In checking the Wiki - it seems that Wrath is the last of three. I'm curious when we'll see these last three expansions (and if we'll see promos for those heroes WITH the final expansions)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hammack
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you guys for your help. It seems that we are a long ways off till the next expansion. soblue

More sentinels expansions is mostly a good thing, but since I do feel some story is being told I am encouraged that the "story" is ending.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tegre wrote:
I remember reading that there were only twothree left as well. Wrath of the Cosmos is the first of those twothree and than there's the "Final Expansion" and that closes "The Arc" of Sentinels of the Multiverse. Tactics continues the "story" that will end with whatever the final expansion is.

While I'm not saying they couldn't come up with something new Villain, Hero or Environment wise, I do wonder what new card mechanics they can come up with that "Thematically works."

In checking the Wiki - it seems that Wrath is the last of three. I'm curious when we'll see these last three expansions (and if we'll see promos for those heroes WITH the final expansions)

It was confirmed by the guy in charge of the wiki that those three blank slots for expansions was simply a formatting choice. No one seems to know how many expansions are left, but I keep hearing 2 and 3 a lot. Paul from >G said that, once completed, Sentinels will fit easily into "enhanced box style". Whether that means 2 or 3 boxes is anyone's guess.

Edit: I am eager to see how the guys at >G can keep the Heroes, Villains and Environments fresh and unique at this point. The Villains and Environments especially seem to be getting a little stagnant, in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hammack
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoyed the heroes very much from Vengeance, but didn't love the multi-villain format. Well I might have enjoyed it more if there were more than 5 villains.

So maybe two or three expansions are left.

Bring them on I say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myke Fly
Germany
flag msg tools
PACG Playmat System with over 500 playmats
badge
Check out my free Premium PACG Playmats
mbmbmbmbmb
Please write the release date in this THREAD ! So everybody who subscribed to this thread will be notified.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hicks
Canada
Sundridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Waaaaaaaaiiiiiiiting for this.

And it's a shame it's so far off.

After the muddled mess that Galactic Strike Force is, I'm looking forward to Greater Than stepping back into their "pocket" and really showing us what they can do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Geek All-Stars, episode 80 - Christopher Badell talks about the pre-order that is going up very soon.

SotM:WotC details start at 41m point.

Details
Wrath of the Cosmos is space themed.

Coming out at then end of the year. (uneasy estimate)

Standard Expansion (2 heroes, 4 villains, 2 evironments)

Not kickstarter, running on www.sentinelsofthemultiverse.com

Should go live before GenCon starts

A ticker will track the number of units pre-ordered.

Bonus content will be added to pre-orders as the ticker eclipses certain points *cough*stretch goals*cough*

"We don't have a 'funding goal', we're making that expansion whether you suckers buy it or not, we're making it. Okay? It's for us."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McRoberts
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-orders are now open.

https://greaterthangames.com/content/welcome-to-the-wrath-of...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoo doggies... Over $11 for shipping is rough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McRoberts
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:

Assuming enough copies get pre-ordered, though, those mini-expansions and promos will make up for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
Got mine preordered so excited

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I'm pre-ordering, and you have a good point.

Heck, I would feel fine with it being $11 if the shopping cart said "Expansion, Hero deck, Environment Deck, Villain Deck, Promo Pack".

$11 shipping seems steep for just the expansion at this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McRoberts
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ironhide1 wrote:
imprimis5 wrote:
JBMoby wrote:

Assuming enough copies get pre-ordered, though, those mini-expansions and promos will make up for it.

Does anyone know if these are NEW mini-expansions?

They are, and they're very good. That's all I can say, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McRoberts
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ironhide1 wrote:
imprimis5 wrote:

They are, and they're very good. That's all I can say, though.

Awesome!!! Even more stoked now. Are these expansions still being produced regardless of the pre-order status, if that can be answered?

No clue about that one. Sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.