Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last game I played, I had an ally - Utem Swordsmen I think - who could block 6 if they took a wound. I was fighting a Medusa, and used them to block. As per the text on the card, I assigned them a wound. The paralyze ability says that a unit wounded by a paralyzing attack is instantly destroyed. Should my unit have been destroyed, or does paralyze only insta-kill when the wound is given during the ATTACK phase (ie., not the block phase)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
Macedonia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ubi bene ibi patria // vidi perfutui veni
mbmbmbmbmb
interesting, same situation happened to me when i fought 2 medusas and i had 2 freshed units, i played it thematically as if they have turned to stone immediately without using their abilities. I took my revenge though by slain them later...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My take: you took a wound from activating the unit, not from the enemy's attack. Therefore, just a normal wound.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
The wound that the guardsmen take from using their ability is not damage assigned to them from the medusa, so it does not paralyze them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
My take: you took a wound from activating the unit, not from the enemy's attack. Therefore, just a normal wound.

That was my suspicion as well. I played it that the unit died as I like to err on the side of more difficulty, but in retrospect I believe I played it wrong. It seems to me that the intention is that paralyze destroys a unit when the unit is assigned damage - that is, when the enemy's attack is NOT blocked. In this case, the attack WAS blocked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmbmbmb
Magnus Maximus wrote:

It seems to me that the intention is that paralyze destroys a unit when the unit is assigned damage - that is, when the enemy's attack is NOT blocked. In this case, the attack WAS blocked.

This is what *I* thought. A block doesn't accumulate damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.