Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first proper game earlier today. Solo conquest. Conquered one city and scored 101 points.

I assaulted the green city. It was level 5, and I had trouble reading the dial. One enemy was clearly white - are those other two brown or red?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magnus Maximus wrote:
I played my first proper game earlier today. Solo conquest. Conquered one city and scored 101 points.

I assaulted the green city. It was level 5, and I had trouble reading the dial. One enemy was clearly white - are those other two brown or red?

There are no red enemies in the cities.

Somewhere in the files section, there is a handout with all the city levels. The dots on those bases can be really hard to read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
City Reference Cards - PDF for Printing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link!

I've owned MK for close to a year now, and have only gotten round to playing it. A very good game - and a challenging one. I might even venture to say its a design triumph.

I took breaks and was looking up lots of rules, but my solo conquest game took me six hours!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magnus Maximus wrote:

I actually came on to post this exact thing! The PDF works great, btw. My first solo conquest tonight resulted in 0 conquered cities and 62 points. I have the base + both expansions and gave Krang a try. We sucked hard tonight. The expansion monsters are tough!

Setup to tear down was 3hrs and 15 min. I use a FFG bag for all the tokens and just do random pull when needed. Speeds up setup and cleanup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Aylward
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't know if they have already done this with editions later than the one I bought, but they really have to fix those city dials so you can clearly see what colors they are. The city dials I have just show red or white (very confusing). That, or include a city chart in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The colours seem to vary a lot depending on which printing you have; in my copy there's no problem telling what enemies are in a city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.