Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I meant in base game, all three purple cards are "six". That means if you have all three purple cards & roll a "six", you activated all three cards. Is there a reason for the same number behind this? Why not three different numbers for each purple card? Just curious.

If people thinks the purple cards are too powerful, making the purple cards all activated with "six" is ridiculous. I would add a red card of "six" in the expansion to counter the powerful "six" if I'm the designer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience, the fact that the purple cards are so expensive has largely prevented anyone from buying them at all, let alone hoarding them. When people have bought them, the cumulative effect has been no worse than the cumulative effect of other single cards - bear in mind that two thirds of the purple cards are only any use if the other players actually have money to give you! They also don't combo with any other cards like the cheese factory, furniture factory, produce market do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion adds 2 purple cards that are not a six, and both are very powerful. The purple cards in the base game, I've found, are very situational. Given their price, I would be hesitant to purchase all three of them in a game.

I personally wish the red cards did more than take a single coin each. While that can be helpful in the early game, they become far less significant once economic engines have been established...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
build your 10 cost landmark first. Boom. Red boost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Ang
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The rulebook is quite grey about the major establishments. I think Ryan Metzler in his review said that the publisher meant you could only build ONE of the major establishments in any given town.

However the rulebook says "Only one establishment with the (major establishment) symbol can be built in a town (you can only build one of each major establishment)."

The first sentence contradicts the second, kind of. Maybe it should have read "you can only build one of any major establishment".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
William, that publisher quote was later proved incorrect. You can build many purple establishments, but only one of each. The rulebook is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.