Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
β€œIt's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who already tried it out, I would be interested in your experiences and opinions with the Epic variant.

goldencamel Does it offer the same game experience as "standard" fleet`, or is it too chaotic?
goldencamel Are there too many premium licenses (with adding everything together, it's 18 premium and 36 standard) or does it not matter?
goldencamel Are 150 crates of fish enough or should there be more?
goldencamel Are there more situations where players complain about not having/getting the cards they need?

Thanks for any input! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Moller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested too, I bet it's quite the time commitment versus the standard game. Potentially lots of opportunities to forget something, like taking a Gone Fishin', or double fishing certain boats, etc. Still, I'm glad this variant exists, can't wait to try it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't tried it yet, but going to next time we play because my husband and I feel the game is too short. Just as we get our engines working, the game is over. So we're looking forward to a longer game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Wai-kit FUNG
Hong Kong
Mongkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After several games of using the fleet basic only or the fleet arctic expansion only, we were familiarized with the cards. With either set, we had an impression that the game was a bit shorter than what we expected. It was not like to catch up effectively if one was lagging behind in the first two rounds perhaps.

Finally, we got a chance yesterday to play the epic variant with all cards and rules. The game is longer as a card game, but the experience was good. Every player developed quite distinct strategies while we were still able to observe and react upon others decisions. The game progress was paced up in the later game, so we didn't find the game monotonic or repetitive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.