Subject: [Deck] Andromeda Dirty Dealings rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Kenyon
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
flag msg tools
mb
This is an Andromeda deck I've been playing on octgn for a while now, since H&P has been released I've built the deck with real cards and I've began playing it properly.

The basic idea is to hit R&D as much as possible, using Medium and Doppleganger. When the Corp begins to play big ice over R&D, you can easily get into HQ to shut down this big Ice(or recur Grappling Hook&Crescentus).

Data Dealer is often the key to the deck, and has caused me to either win or not lose via SEA>SE. With Medium in play, and your ability to cheaply get into R&D, I found I was able to consistently get into R&D, sell any agendas I stole, then ran again.

I played this deck against a Weyland T&B deck the other day, I stole 6 points from him in 2 runs. My final 2 actions were to sell those 2 agendas for 18 credits. Those 18 credits stopped both the Punitive Counterstrikes. I was then able to get into R&D once or twice per turn, giving me room to either sell agendas, or break into HQ.

It's a fun deck to play, it needs lots of refining, lots of changes, but it's fun.

Any changes?

Dirty Dealings.

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (Humanity's Shadow)

Event (20)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
2x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Easy Mark (Core Set)
3x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
3x Feint (Honor and Profit)
3x Inside Job (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (7)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) ••••• •
2x Doppelgänger (A Study in Static)
2x e3 Feedback Implants (Trace Amount)

Resource (6)
2x Data Dealer (Core Set)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (4)
2x Crypsis (Core Set)
2x Femme Fatale (Core Set)

Program (9)
3x Crescentus (A Study in Static)
3x Grappling Hook (Honor and Profit)
1x Medium (Core Set) •••
2x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control) ••••• •

15 influence spent (max 15)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Honor and Profit

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Like I said above, any changes?

Fake edit: I haven't proofread this at all.

Real edit: I feel like the deck could do with more economy. It doesn't really need that much, as it can get into servers fairly cheaply, especially whilst it's getting the agenda selling machine rolling, but sometimes it can struggle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Andromeda Dirty Dealings
4 R&D runs+4 credits is better than 5 R&D runs. You need to have a very strong reasoning to run Doppelganger over Desperado, and you don't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Kenyon
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Andromeda Dirty Dealings
I would rather see additional cards from R&D using Medium, than have those 4 credits.

Not every deck needs Desperado you know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chiefyk wrote:
I would rather see additional cards from R&D using Medium, than have those 4 credits.

Cool for you, but runs aren't free you know, especially when Medium hits the table. Even if you value a click at 2 credits, then Desperado has double the click efficiency as Doppelganger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Kenyon
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
flag msg tools
mb
kroen wrote:
chiefyk wrote:

Cool for you, but runs aren't free you know, especially when Medium hits the table. Even if you value a click at 2 credits, then Desperado has double the click efficiency as Doppelganger.

If money isn't a problem, which is better? Desperado or Doppleganger?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Money is always problem. How many games did you play with this deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluff Da Sheep
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is pretty cool, actually. Very effective against big ICE, but cheap ETR ICE seems like trouble, particularly Wraparound and Rainbow, but also Quandary, Ice Wall, and Hitsumi-Bako.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Ruman
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Don't you want a levy to get your grappling hooks and clone chips back? Also no card draw and a need to get E3 before using grappling hooks seems a bit rough (why not 3, are all other cards that important?).

But, I think it's a cool deck although I think me be one of the most early-and-mid game dependent decks I've ever seen (at first glance) which isn't intrinsically bad but really means that E3 is really vital.

As an idea (an just to use more new cards , why not Lagos? Pretty much the only way to tutor our an E3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Perry
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
Woot!
badge
I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
4 R&D runs+4 credits is better than 5 R&D runs. You need to have a very strong reasoning to run Doppelganger over Desperado, and you don't.

This is not always true. In this deck id much rather have doppleganger. In most cases id rather have an extra card or two accessed than 4 credits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Kenyon
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
flag msg tools
mb
Sorry, absolutely crazy weekend. Time to reply

fluffdasheep wrote:
This is pretty cool, actually. Very effective against big ICE, but cheap ETR ICE seems like trouble, particularly Wraparound and Rainbow, but also Quandary, Ice Wall, and Hitsumi-Bako.

This has been the problem I've faced, some games I get shut out for way too long by the cheapest of the cheap Ice. Not really sure how to get around it. Any thoughts?

wiley15 wrote:
Don't you want a levy to get your grappling hooks and clone chips back? Also no card draw and a need to get E3 before using grappling hooks seems a bit rough (why not 3, are all other cards that important?).

But, I think it's a cool deck although I think me be one of the most early-and-mid game dependent decks I've ever seen (at first glance) which isn't intrinsically bad but really means that E3 is really vital.

As an idea (an just to use more new cards , why not Lagos? Pretty much the only way to tutor our an E3

I've altered the deck a little bit to make room for Levy, it worked quite nicely, and also left room for 3x Quality Time, which worked nicely. The main problem I had though, was breaking cheap Ice.

Logos is a good shout, the extra runs with Dopps is nice, but I feel like Logos might fit the deck slightly better. I'm torn, I'll have to try them all

theodorelogan wrote:
kroen wrote:

This is not always true. In this deck id much rather have doppleganger. In most cases id rather have an extra card or two accessed than 4 credits.

Yup, playing with this deck over the weekend I found I never really had major money issues, so getting that extra run out of R&D was much more important than those 4 extra credits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.