Popular Tags: [View All]
Odd Hackwelder
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I designed this game for the Unique Design Contest.
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/15654490#15654490
Voting just started May1-May8, check it out.

I want to produce this game either myself or with a publisher.
I would love your opinion on everything.
The game, the art, the theme.
Does it sound like a game you would buy or play?
Do you like the art?
I really respect people's opinions.
As a designer, I design for the people.

If you print and play the game, give me helpful feedback and photos I will hook you up if the game gets made. I can't promise a full game, since I live in Asia, but I will do my best. And if people just like to test for the fun it, that is great too. Thanks You.

AfroAnimals

There are 18 groups of animals and they all have afros.
It is your job to collect the most groups and get the most points.

Players: 2-6
Time: 30 min
Contents: 108 cards
18 animals, 6 of each (1 horizontal)

Set up:
Deal out all the cards to each player.
Each player keeps 5 cards in their hand and puts the remaining cards in a draw pile in front of them. sThere will be one discard pile
and one draw pile in front of each person.

Play:
The player with the biggest hair goes first.

A round consisits of each player having one turn.
There will be many rounds.

Round One:
There will be a card or a token used as a marker used to keep track of each round. It will be placed to the right of the person who will go first.

Once the turn makes it back to the original starter. The start card or token will be passed to the next person and kept there till the next round is over.

It’s the first player’s turn. They call out "draw afro" and everyone draws one card from their own draw pile. The first player then calls out an animal.

ex. "afro panda". If anyone has a panda they must give it to that player. Except for the horizontal panda. The horizontal animal cards count as an additional point and can be kept secret.

The player can now lay down any set of three. It can be more than one set and can include the horizontal animal. Once a card is laid down it can't be picked up again. That player’s turn is over.

The next player will call out "draw afro" and everyone picks from their own draw pile. Play continues the same way around in a clockwise position. Once the last player in that round goes, that round is over. The round marker is passed.

Round Two:
The new starter will say "round 2, discard one card" Everyone discards one card next to their own draw pile. That player then calls "draw afro" and everyone draws. This time a player can also draw a card from anyone's discard pile. This makes things a little more interactive and exciting. Be quick, first one to touch it, gets it.

You can only lay down a set on your turn, so be aware!

Scoring:
1 point - one set
1 point - a horizontal animal in a set
3 points - two sets of the same animal.

To win:
As soon as one person draws a final card from their draw pile that is the last turn of the game. The person leading that turn may finish playing, but the game is over.

*Alternative Fast Play
The first person to get 3 sets wins. This will work better with 2-4 players.

Files here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tztliy23nu064fi/AfroAnimals%20Game...

Hack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd Hackwelder
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you understand the game the first time you read through the rules?
Does it sound like a fun game to play?
I didn't state what happens in a tie, what do you think?
How do you like the art?, is it professional enough?
I am not not sold on the card front, how would you change it?
Is there any other games like this?
Could it be played with more than 6 players?
Do you understand how to print the files?
Or do I need to be more specific?
Is it clear what every animal is?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Breckenridge
United States
Richmond
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the discards face up or face down?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd Hackwelder
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jbrecken wrote:
Are the discards face up or face down?

Discards are face up. When it is time to draw, you can pick from your own draw pile or quickly grab from someone else's face-up discard pile. Thanks for that, I will add it into the rules. I am really looking forward to feedback on this game, I think there is a lot of hidden strategy. People might only draw from another player's discard pile if it is going to be their turn next, because people will know what they are going after. I want to know if that will be the case. I also want to know if you prefer playing to a set number of sets or playing till the cards run out? Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd Hackwelder
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also the horizontal animal is key. If someone's asks for penguins and you have one normal and one horizontal, you only give up the normal. If that Person didn't get enough to make a set, bam!!! You can steal it from them on your turn.

I just thought of something regarding my last comment. If someone did make a set of penguins and you had the horizontal, people might dump any penguin they draw in the future. So that is another reason people would draw from another person's discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mullet Kwa
msg tools
what happened to this game man

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.