Subject: Notices rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Veljko Dobrijevic
Croatia
Split
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to setup automatic notices so that I get an e-mail any time when a boardgame or expansion in my collection or my wishlist gets :
-released for the first time
-reprinted after being OOP
-a new version or remake
-another expansion
so I don't have to keep checking ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart R.
Belgium
Tongeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use subscriptions to be notified if something is posted on a game's entry. Just click 'Subscribe' in the top right corner and see if that works for you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noreen
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
Welcome to fall in the Midwest and a property with a lot of mature trees!
mbmbmbmbmb
Once you subscribe you can also edit your subscription. This allows you to customize what types of notifications that you'll get for that game. For example you can set it to only notify you if a game appears on a geeklist... or you can modify it so that you get a notification for everything except a file entry.

Edit : spelling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Veljko Dobrijevic
Croatia
Split
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This doesn't really serve my purpose. I'm not looking to get buried under a pile of notices about mostly useless posts and image uploads, I want to know when one of the above mentioned important changes in the status of the game happens without constant checking. The only useful notice type I found was for new sales, which might indicate it's been reprinted or it might not. But even that requires setting up for every game individually and turning off all the other notice types. And I'd like to get notices by email, like a newsletter of important events connected to the items in my wishlist and collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Puram
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
Let's meet up for games and coffee!
badge
Golden... As in Oldie! I'm new to the Portland area and looking for gamers to game with and new gaming groups to join! I'm 50+ and like most games but do have a special affinity for dry, cube pushing euros!
mbmbmbmbmb
The short answer is "No". BGG itself does not supply any sort of information or monitoring of product releases. All information comes from user submitted content and the tools to monitor that have already been described.

You may wish to look into customizable website monitoring/scraping tools that could more narrowly focus on keywords you select. Still, that would take time to setup and would not guarantee you get exactly what you want.

You may also want to create wishlists at a number of the popular online stores, as these WILL usually tell you when a game comes back into stock or is available for preorder. This wouldn't cover you for new expansions that you haven't already added to your wish list.

Lastly you can register with the game publisher. They are often all too happy to let you know when there is a new expansion coming out for a game you own or have expressed interest in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.