Martin Smith
United Kingdom
Pimlico
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/lotr/lord-of-the-rings-c...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toombs wrote:
HI, all. I wanted to re-play through all of the scenarios, but as I don't have any of the nightmare decks, I have the idea that this will make the game outrageously easy, given the deck-building pool I have now (I have everything but the nightmare decks).

For the most part, it won't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Addison Fox
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I've had a lot of luck building decks based more on theme than power level (like only including Rohan allies with Eowyn, Dunhere, and Hama, or only including Gondor allies with Denethor, Boromir, and Faramir). It curbs the power level a little bit, but not enough to make things outrageously difficult.

That said, limiting yourself to only heroes (or only cards, or however) that were 'available' for the given quest is a fun way to constrain yourself and force a more creative deckbuilding strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janis Goldmanis
Latvia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I also thought that with current card pool, previous quests would be way too easy, then hopelessly lost to Road to Rivendell.

Overall I don't feel much difference.
Except that I can build deck according to my wishes, e.g. Elves/Eagles/Dwarfs e.t.c.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
asmeus wrote:
I also thought that with current card pool, previous quests would be way too easy, then hopelessly lost to Road to Rivendell.

Overall I don't feel much difference.
Except that I can build deck according to my wishes, e.g. Elves/Eagles/Dwarfs e.t.c.

There are so many variables that go into what makes a playthrough of a scenario difficult including # of hands being played, the randomness of the scenario itself, how specialized of a deck the scenario requires, the power level of the deck itself relative to the types of decks that work well with the scenario, how inherently nasty the cards are within the scenario, proper strategy and luck on the players part.... hero choice is just one small part that goes into that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Patel
msg tools
Check out the YouTube channel for the tenth nazgul who is doing just that. He stopped posting but did hr progression series two player for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toombs wrote:
Does anyone know how to do this? The hero cards don't have set symbols on them, to my dismay. They have numbers, but I don't know what numbers correlate to what set.

Really? They should have set symbols...

Anyways, apart from the Cardgame DB link above you can also use this one here, which works really well and might be easier to navigate (for me, at least, it is).

http://www.lotrlcg.com/

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I think I know what you mean... the set symbol is only for whole cycles or bigger expansions. It does not say, which individual box they came from for the smaller expansions.

Yeah, it is the easiest way to just look it up in one of the online databases.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.