Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antoine Drai
France
RENNES
flag msg tools
Hello,

I don't find the answer in rules book about this situation :

When the protestant, after the league is form, take control of a electorate, with 4 units already, does the news units of this electorate appeards on the map ? Cause the limitation of 4 units is overpass then...
Are theyr destroy ? did they appears on an adjacent space ? Are dis they stay in "stand bye" on the electorate display, waiting that the space was free of limitation ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ground Pounder
United States
Owings Mills
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no limit to the number of units in a space so the new Prot units will appear on the liberated electorate. You are mistakenly thinking of the situation of a fortified space under siege when the player owning the space can only put four units maximum inside the fortifications.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Drai
France
RENNES
flag msg tools
i'm sorry but it's a basic rule :

5.1 : No military leaders presents : Maximum size limitation : 4

And even with leaders, there is still a limititation.

The siege rule is different point.

Or maybe you speak about limitation in electorate, but i never read that they must be count as home capital. Basicly protestant have no home capital rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
5.1 in the rule book has nothing to do with stacking limits. It has to do with formation sizes. They are fundamentally different things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Drai
France
RENNES
flag msg tools
blushit's mean we play wrong all over the game...

It's mean that's limit formation is only use for :

- Spring deployment
- Mouvement
- Assault

?

And theyr is no limit either to the number of units that besiege a place ?
Only limitation to the number of units that participate to every assault ?

That a big differences that's no one have notice in my table, and it's seem to me not clear at all in the rules. cause in fact theyr no rules at all about stacking unit, only formation, and that make me thought it was egual concepts.

but you seem agree to tell that's i'm wrong !

So the Pope can think better about military perspective...And can success in assault in several impulse...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
E grim wrote:

It's mean that's limit formation is only use for :

- Spring deployment
- Mouvement
- Assault

Yes, that's correct.

Quote:
And theyr is no limit either to the number of units that besiege a place ?
Only limitation to the number of units that participate to every assault ?

Yup. In fact, if you can manage to have more units besieging a fortification than the formation limit, that's a big advantage. It means that when you lose units, your formation does not necessarily get smaller.

Quote:
cause in fact theyr no rules at all about stacking unit, only formation, and that make me thought it was egual concepts.

Right, there are no rules about stack sizes because there are no rules on stack sizes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Drai
France
RENNES
flag msg tools
Ok ! Thank you for answers. And that's resolved completly the Electorate problems.

Quote:
Right, there are no rules about stack sizes because there are no rules on stack sizes!

Yes. But i think it was a good idea to precise it in the book. We were 4 personns who had read the rules, and nobody tilt about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
w teefha
msg tools
mbmbmb
But don't forget the stackinsize for the winter, only 4 units in every fortyfied space (exept one capital). And yes, the prot has none, so only 4 units per electorate...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.