United States
Joshua
Texas
flag msg tools
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I design custom wooden organizers for an online store. I have a geeklist (Wood/Foam-core Box Organizer Design List) where this game was requested. If there is enough interest I will create a design.

Since I do not own this game I need to know the inside dimensions of the box in mm and if I need to account for anything other than cards.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that would be a great idea. It's not like it's difficult to carry around, but a single box would be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Grankin
Ukraine
Mariupol
flag msg tools
Are there any photos of these inserts produced for other games? This sounds interesting, but I wonder how does it looks like.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a couple on the geeklist the that the Op linked to. Here's one:

Looks very nicely designed. I doubt I'd buy one as transatlantic shipping would probably make it fairly expensive.

Regarding the questions:

The box is the same one used for Carcassone. I'm guessing most people who were buying a box insert would have all 4 expansions so you'd end up with a fair number of additional bits.

There are 4 expansions, the first 3 have reviews which show all the bits:

Race for the Galaxy: The Gathering Storm – A Detailed Review (goal tokens, solitaire chits, robot template)
Race for the Galaxy: Rebel vs Imperium - A Detailed Review (Takeover Ruler & Cubes, more goal tokens & solitaire chits)
Race for the Galaxy: The Brink of War – A Detailed Review (Prestige Tokens, more goal tokens & solitaire chits)
Alien Artefacts has 10 meeples, 5 wooden disks, orb cards, orb priority thing and orb tokens. You can see them in this picture (but not how many there are):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Grankin
Ukraine
Mariupol
flag msg tools
I wonder if it is possible to fit everything in a expansion box. It is much more compact.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theflint wrote:
I wonder if it is possible to fit everything in a expansion box.

Yes. Depends what you mean by everything though. I always had the first arc (sleeved) in an expansion-sized box, with room to spare. No Solitaire tokens, but 12 big dice for life totals, and space for the Takeover tracks tho i didn't use those. I was even able to fit 3 custom expansions as well, but that's pushing it/overflow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treebeard
United States
Joshua
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I normally use the base box so people that don't own the expansion can still use the organizer. I also have to take into account all cards being sleeved since some people sleeve their cards (like me).

Here is a picture of my second organizer:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treebeard
United States
Joshua
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the four compartment boxes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wooden box:

Holds the base game and all of arc 1, plus VP chips, tiles etc. I made three of these, so there are another two out there in the wild somewhere (ie I can't remember who I sold them to!).

I have not made any box for arc 2, nor will I for arc 3; AA and a second base game get toted around in a generic box full of whatever card games I'm currently into.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Grankin
Ukraine
Mariupol
flag msg tools
Looks great! Is it heavy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not as heavy as the box I made for Dominion and the first 6 expansions (now sadly obsolete).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.