Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Lemire
United States
Worcester
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have a compete set of the hero quest collection.

2 sets of the base game
Kellers keep
Return of the witch lord
Elf
Barbarian
Ogre
And wizard

All in petty good condition minus the horrible box design for the wizard and ogre expansions. Everything is complete to my knowledge as well.

Not sure how much this is worth it in what way I should sell it on eBay (unless someone here is interested) sell as one big collection or all separate?

I have had it for many years but the group that used to play it with me had long moved on to newer games so it doesn't see the light of day anymore and not sure if it will again.

Thoughts guys? Know you are experts so figured I would post here to get some advice.

Thanks
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, sounds like about $10 worth of stuff there. I'll take it off your hands. I'm doing you a favour really...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
mbmbmbmbmb
Try posting in the heroquest forum.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/699/heroquest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lane Taylor
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
Hmmm, sounds like about $10 worth of stuff there. I'll take it off your hands. I'm doing you a favour really...

I was going to suggest donating to a worthy cause.

I'm worthy.... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
..........so jealous..... i mean i will give those a good home. Smack in the middle of a campaign with my kids at the moment. As elf and barbarian never released in new zealand i never got hold of those ones. And their prices on ebay plus shipping make them very out of reach for me.

Out of curiosity why are you looking at selling? I just wonder as i don't think i could ever give up my HQ collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

No really how much do you want for the whole lot?

$200 + shipping?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Robbins
United States
Alcoa
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take the time to make SURE what is complete and eBay separately. You should get far more than $200.

(Sorry, mike. I want to be sure you're bidding on one or the other when I sell.) whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
No reason to exaggerate either.

If you want the most out of it maybe your best bet is to go by auction with a reserve the minimum you want for it?

Remember that the value of the game is mostly for the nostalgia and the out-of-printness. So very subjective.

That being said there are definitly things to increase it's worth:
- beautiful mini's
- perfect game to introduce kids to fantasy-games etc. (but do you want the kids to play with it after you paid a shitload of money for it?)

I know that I loved the game a lot when I was younger but probably wouldn't spare the time to play it again. It has show-value rather than game-value.

cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Lemire
United States
Worcester
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It is taking up space and it had not been played in a few years and I am not sure we still have a group that would like to play it. If I had people who wanted to play.. It would be different but

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thornton
United States
Canby
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are easily sitting on $1000+ worth of product there.

Not sure where you live, but if you are in Europe consider opening up the Wizards & Ogre expansions to US sellers.

Individual sales on eBay will maximize your profits.

Take lots of pictures and inventory carefully.

Write detailed descriptions and highlight the rarity and, if it exists, the quality.

You will make some rich bloke very happy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Petersen
Denmark
Svendborg
flag msg tools
badge
The bigger the problem, the bigger a hammer you'll need!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've followed a few sales like this one lately, on Ebay, and they all ended above $450.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Lemire
United States
Worcester
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah I think if I sell it all separately I should be able to get over 1k just on the 4 big expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Lemire
United States
Worcester
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Finally got around to making a post to sell.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1361962/complete-heroquest-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Bonilla
United States
Winneconne
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Had no idea HQ was worth that much. I've got 2 full sets and the expansions (except Ogre) as well.

Mine are pretty beat up because we've played the crap out of them though (even fairly recently).

Not that I'm looking to sell! Still impressive though.

Hope you make bank on it and don't regret it. I always instantly regret selling my stuff (high end Magic cards primarily) so never do it any more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
huh. I didn't know it was particularly valuable either (well, at least not THAT valuable). Not really looking to sell mine, but guess I should go inventory it and see if it's in any sort of decent shape just in case...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Lemire
United States
Worcester
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Finally got it up on ebay if any of you are interested

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/19748856#19748856

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.