Subject: New Death Star Turbolaser Stats - your thoughts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim King
Canada
Stevensville
Ontario
flag msg tools
I was wondering, based on the information from the turbolaser card with the Tantive IV, what kind of stats would you give a Death Star turbolaser turret?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Henderson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure the Death Star's weaponry is even relevant to this game.

In the original Star Wars, the whole reason Darth Vader decided to take on Red Squadron is because the battle station had trouble targeted such small, fast craft. (It was primarily designed to destroy entire worlds, after all.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarcusAurelius wrote:
I'm not sure the Death Star's weaponry is even relevant to this game.

In the original Star Wars, the whole reason Darth Vader decided to take on Red Squadron is because the battle station had trouble targeted such small, fast craft. (It was primarily designed to destroy entire worlds, after all.)

Seems consistent with the "double its agility value" on Single Turbolasers. That is, the Turbolasers will have a hard time hitting anything with Agility 3+, but a pretty easy time with Agility 0-1, which tend to be large and/or more sluggish ships (e.g. YT-1300, Lambda Shuttle, other Huge ships, B-wing, Y-wing). Agility 2 is about average (e.g. 4 attack against 4 defense, which is gives a slight edge towards the attacker).

For fun, casual "Trench Run" scenarios, maybe give the Death Star turrets a range of 1-3 (and maybe a firing arc that is "trench only"?) with 3 attack and the same text as Single Turbolasers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.