Popular Tags: [View All]
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed in my last couple of 1:1 games vs. the Expert AI, they have started to do incredibly stupid things like choosing builder without building, choosing Trader as the last role in the phase when they already have too many cards and will have to discard, etc.

My last 2 games against 2 of the Expert AI's ended with them building only 6 or 7 buildings and simply failing to build for the rest of the game, while I ran it out.

I don't think there was a recent update to this app; prior to the last week or so I don't recall this behavior from the AI's. Anyone experiencing anything similar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, sometimes the Expert AI on the Android version seems to even get stuck in a logic loop that makes it appear to have "given up" and never tries to build no matter how many cards it has in hand.

About halfway through this game, Ramiro stopped attempting builds and would always alternate between "Producer" and "Trader" if available, resorting to "Councillor" if I took one of the other two. I put off building my 12th building, continuing to stick cards under the Chapel until the entire deck was gone and I was left with one card. At this point, all roles effectively did nothing, since there were no cards to draw, yet still Ramiro held onto his 7 cards and would not Build. Finally I built my 12th building (a free Indigo plant) just to end the game. I'm fairly certain if I had put that card under my Chapel the game would have been un-endable.

I ended up with 151 points, and 87 cards under the Chapel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.