Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Lemire
United States
Worcester
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have a compete set of the hero quest collection.

2 sets of the base game
Kellers keep
Return of the witch lord
Elf
Barbarian
Ogre
And wizard

All in petty good condition minus the horrible box design for the wizard and ogre expansions. Everything is complete to my knowledge as well.

Not sure how much this is worth it in what way I should sell it on eBay (unless someone here is interested) sell as one big collection or all separate?

I have had it for many years but the group that used to play it with me had long moved on to newer games so it doesn't see the light of day anymore and not sure if it will again.

Thoughts guys? Know you are experts so figured I would post here to get some advice.

Thanks
Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
One of the cooler websites out there should help you out:

http://spielboy.com/#

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Loblah
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Typically, you will get far more money by breaking it up and selling it separately. The down side is more hassle, and it's possible it doesn't all sell, or takes a long time to do so. Most of the items you're talking about seem to move fairly well, however, so I doubt that'll be much of a problem in your case.

For pricing (aside from spielboy) you can also do an Advanced Search on eBay, and check off the box for Completed Listings, then look for prices in green; those are listings that actually sold, although, in the case of "Buy It Now", they may not have sold for that exact price. Avoid looking at asking prices on eBay or Amazon.com (or even the 'Geek) as they have almost no relationship with what games actually sell for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paolo spezzaguzzi
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

my advice : do not sell your collection !

All the memories, the fun, the nostalgia.
Keep it (perhaps for your children) because one day
you will regret having sold this game.

paolo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Gomez
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless you need the money right away don't sell.

If you insist on selling definitely break it up, but wait till before Xmas time.

Prices for Elf & Barbarian probably under $300, Base game probably over $100, it is possible to get $100 for the two minor expansions but maybe expect a bit less, Morcar and Ogre probably around $150-175 at this time.

If you ever, for any reason, wish to get this back, it's gonna hurt, cause it'll not only be even more expensive then, you'll have to work hard to get it all back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melbourne
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, unless you need the money, hold on to this classic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do decide to sell it, keep in mind that the US sets (Elf and Barbarian) sell better in the EU and the EU sets (Wizards & Ogres) sell better in the US, so be sure to accommodate international shipping on those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
AON DE GENG!! ALAAF!!
badge
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
mbmbmbmbmb
For the love of all that's holy, don't sell this amazing collection!
If you really have everything HQ, hold on to it. Store it safely in a waterproof container. You WILL want to play it again someday, and you WILL regret having sold it.
If you ever have children, this is THE dungeon crawler to play, as it is so easy to learn. Check YeOldeInn.com for even more resources.
You might even rekindle your groups love for this game with all the stuff you can find there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kingery
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I will echo what has already been written by saying don't sell your collection. Put it away for a rainy day. When I moved out of my folks place all of my games were packed away in their attic. I now have a 5 year old boy and my folks could not find my games so I have been rebuying my collection at a very slow expensive rate.

HOLD ONTO THEM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Lemire
United States
Worcester
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Finally got around to post a thread to sell the game with pictures.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1361961/complete-heroquest-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.