1) Obtained game last night - a play w/ Yig thumbsup

2) Many new encounters, thumbsup

3) Lots of epic monsters thumbsup

4) Game is harder - we lost thumbsup

5) New card combos add lots of interest thumbsup

6) Encounter all monsters before A.O. rule should become standard thumbsup

7) Tokyo is weakened, other cities may be also, good for balanced thumbsup

8) Adds to the fun, the extra city encounter cards are a must thumbsup

Now what do we want (presumably for the *next expansion)

1) More investigators! (FFG use the nice ones on BGG as a Kickstart for this)

2) More A.O.s, Yes, the A.O. decks are getting pretty large, this is good! but when there are 16 or 24 A.O. storage will be an issue, but we can store all of the A.O. card decks in the expansion box. Having all the differences make Eldritch Horror really thematic, and that is *great*!

3) More monster tokens. No need to go wild here, E.H. is less of a combat game like A.H. and more of a strategy co-op, even so a few would be cool. In A.H. they are just as often used as outskirt tokens, not so w/ Eldritch, every monster can be encountered, w/o limit, and that is good.

4) More encounter cards, cannot have enough, red, greed, purple, and generic, and gate (especially - edit meaning all of the above, not just gate) - so every game is an adventure into the unknown (or at least slightly known) The ones (edit - encounter cards) in Forsaken Lore *really* improved this aspect of the game.

5) No extra board, unless there is really a reason to have an extra board that makes it awesome. With A.H. it was used as a method to fix pacing (I think) but E.H. works well with the base board. More A.O.s and Investigators,

6) Did I say more investigators and more A.O.'s? cool

Anyone else like things about the new Forsaken Lore or what they would like to see in further expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom N
msg tools
mbmb
#1 most needed thing by far in my opinion is mythos cards. Adding only 6 was a joke. They seriously need to add at the very least 20 more in the next expansion, but I'd prefer they double the total amount.

#2 More encounter cards of each colour. This goes without saying.

#3 More monsters. It gets old fighting a skeleton for the 300th time (yeah, I play this game a lot). Maybe some regular monsters that poison you. maybe some that add other conditions to you. like lost in time and space, bakc injury, etc.

#4 More reasons to go to the expedition space. I've only played through FL once, so I haven't seen everything, but they did a nice job making go to the expedition space, but nothing to make you do an expedition encounter. (again, I just might not have seen it yet though).

#5 More mysteries for each existing AO. Again, I'd like to see the current number doubled.

#6 More AO

#7 More investigators

#8 More R'yleh risen cards (they added some, but we've cycled through that deck 2 or 3 times in one game before. maybe we just suck)

#9 more reasons to be on sea and wilderness spaces. this is still lacking. I was very disappointed with the new mystery that makes you go to london. As if you don't have enough reason to be there. Every game we have someone who stays there practically the entire game to try to get clues. we need more reasons to travel. especially to antartica. Hell HPL was obsessed with that continent. let's have mysteries and rumours centered there, as i barely ever go there no matter what. we've seen a miniscule FRACTION of the sea and wilderness encounters in the black deck. there's gotta be a way to make you do them. Maybe a couple of mysteries that are on ocean spaces, but you need to play an encounter from the black deck before you can encounter the mystery...

Pretty much more of everything (more spells, more equipment, more artifacts, etc). I'd like some named allies too. I really like the observation test before fighting a monster idea, and i think they need more variety like this. Also some variety besides "test x, if you succede..." Not a dealbreaker, but it would be nice.

All in all I did like this expansion a lot, but I just need MORE! I guess that's the mark of a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Villanova
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RE: Sea and Wilderness spaces. I am sure there will be an AO that focuses on those spaces, kinda like Yig did with expeditions.

I also wouldn't be surprised if certain Sea or Wilderness spaces get converted to named locations, kinda like how there is a Bermuda Triangle event for one of the sea spaces in the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Awake Land
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
#1 Agreed
#2 Agreed
#3 Agreed (also play game *alot*)
#4 Agreed
#5 Agreed (sure why not!)
#6 YES!
#7 YES!
#8 Why not!
#9 Very true!

"More, more, more"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
preptime wrote:
RE: Sea and Wilderness spaces. I am sure there will be an AO that focuses on those spaces, kinda like Yig did with expeditions.

I also wouldn't be surprised if certain Sea or Wilderness spaces get converted to named locations, kinda like how there is a Bermuda Triangle event for one of the sea spaces in the base game.

Actually Chtulkhu is dwelling in the sea and do a lot of stuff on the sea spaces and Shubby do same things in Wilderness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.