Yay Melone
msg tools
Hi everybody, my buddies and me are playing the german version, and our next map should be Secrets in the Stone.

In the Second map the rules say, at least when i translate the german wording to english, : "Every Hero has to roll black and grey dice higher than the curse value at the beginning of his turn, or he is cursed until end of turn...when cursed hero does a search action he suffers 1 damage and 1 fatigue"

Now the Questions are:

Does this permanent Curse also count as a "regular" curse? so cant heroes use skills that require tapping?

Or is this Curse threated seperatly? Would be very weak so, and first encounter doenst matter much.

How do you played this? and how is the englisch wording?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
In the English quest guide, it capitalizes "Cursed" in this instance, which implies to me (even further than simply using the word) that it references the Cursed Condition. So...

1. Yes, if a hero gains the Cursed Condition through the Persistent Curse special rules, it counts as a regular Cursed. However, just to make sure you're following the rules for Cursed correctly, Cursed restricts class skills that require an action, not those that require an exhaust.

2. This Cursed is not treated separately.

Here's the full English text:

Descent 2nd Edition, Labyrinth of Ruin Quest Guide, Page 21, Secrets in Stone, Encounter 2, Special Rules, Persistent Curse wrote:
At the start of each hero’s turn, he must roll 1 gray and 1 black defense die. If the total [Shields] rolled is equal to or less than the curse value (the fatigue tokens in the overlord’s play area), that hero is Cursed until the end of his turn. A Cursed hero that performs a search action immediately suffers 1 [Heart] and 1 [Fatigue], then resolves the action as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yay Melone
msg tools
thanks for your quick answer!
Are the heroes allowed to roll an Intelligenz test after getting this curse? i guess not

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wong William
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
China
flag msg tools
Overlutz wrote:

Does this permanent Curse also count as a "regular" curse? so cant heroes use skills that require tapping?

My understand is that this Curse call "Persistent Curse" and should have same effect as a "regular" curse that hero cannot use class skill with marked. Additional , when hero search will also suffers 1h and 1f.

Overlutz wrote:

This Curse threated seperatly?

Yes, it should treat separately. You can consider it is additional condition. So you can be have both "regular" curse and "Persistent Curse" at the same time. For "regular" curse, need to test knowledge at the starting of turn. For this "Persistent Curse" only can be discard when the end of turn. That's why all the minion goblin witcheries gain the Bewitch ability will be useful. Otherwise, all curse removed at the end of hero turn, then Bewitch will be useless.

Overlutz wrote:

Or is Would be very weak so, and first encounter doenst matter much.

Depend on your hero class group, my group having High Mage Quellen as Geomancer. In normal case that he will almost never cursed due to 5 in knowledge. But in the encounter, OL wining in Encounter 1 make him have "Persistent Curse" almost every round.

But I still think this quest(encounter 2) is a little bit favor Hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Overlutz wrote:
thanks for your quick answer!
Are the heroes allowed to roll an Intelligenz test after getting this curse? i guess not

By the rules as written, this would be allowed. Both have the trigger "Start of turn," and when that happens, the active player gets to choose in which order they resolve. Rules as intended, I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wong William
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
China
flag msg tools
Dexter345 wrote:

By the rules as written, this would be allowed. Both have the trigger "Start of turn," and when that happens, the active player gets to choose in which order they resolve. Rules as intended, I'm not sure.

No. player cannot discard "Persistent Curse" at start of turn. Under the quest rule, that hero is cursed until the end of his turn. (So it should consider a effect happen until the end of hero's turn)

Under Golden rules. The quest rules listed in the Quest Guide take precedence over the rules in this rule book
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.