Subject: Question: Resolving the questing stage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yuting Yang
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi all! I have recently started playing this game and am immediately hooked on it.

I do have a quick question regarding the resolution of the questing stage, more specifically, how will power contribution should be resolved.

Here's a hypothetical scenario:

I have Aragon and another ally with 1 will power and 1 health committed to a quest. At this point, I reveal a new card from the encounter deck and it is a treachery card that deals 1 damage to all characters committed to the current quest.

Here's my question: the combined will power of Aragon and the ally is 3. However, taking that 1 damage will kill my ally. Will this reduce my final will power output to 2 (with that ally dead) or will it remain at 3? I have browsed through the FAQ by FFG but did not see this question come up. I am inclined to play with the will power reduced when a contributing ally has been KIA, but would like confirmation from you guys.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
You only use the amount of Willpower showing on surviving, committed characters at the end of the phase. So if anything kills or causes a character to become not-committed to the Quest, it doesn't count.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
yup, you dish out the treachery card pain

and if the character dies, you remove the Will from the total

while it may not say specifically, it most likely does say in the turn timing at the back of the rules, which allows you take an action, after a treachery is revealed for instance....

great game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuting Yang
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks guys for the prompt answer (sigh I hate to be right for things like this )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
Baimi wrote:

Thanks guys for the prompt answer (sigh I hate to be right for things like this )

Heh, with LOTR, the correct answer to any rules question is almost always "whatever makes the game harder." It's what makes winning so great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuting Yang
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshua R: No kidding; it reminds me of playing Robinson Crusoe and resolving questions in a way that makes most thematic sense - which almost always means making the game harder

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.